Pipe Dreams...MCH mixes to be .. or not...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Jon Anderson: Olias of Sunhillow
2. Patrick Moraz: The Story of i
3. Todd Rundgren: Initiation
4. Kate Bush: The Dreaming
5. Kate Bush: Hounds of Love
6. Pretty much anything by Kate Bush
7. I love Kate Bush very much
8. Forgot to switch to decaf tonight.

I would lurv to hear Kate Bush surrounded.

I recently heard an upmix of The Story of i by EoH, the veteran upmixer who is very occasionally seen here on QQ. The Intro ("Impact") is effing brilliant and utterly convincing. And then at the start of "Warmer Hands," the stereo soundstage audibly contracts and there's just not much even the best upmixer can do with it. Back in the day, Moraz told interviewers that he was enthusiastic about surround. I think he now owns his recordings. So who knows? If the next Steven Wilson came along and was willing to work for cheap...

Oh heck yeah..The Dreaming!!!!
Not funny, cause I was watching PG's video DVD PLAY.. and ohhhh, Kate!!!!.. I never noticed that "Don't give up" is ONE WHOLE TAKE from start to finish!!!! and oh Poor Peter.. having to hold Kate for hours must have been TOR TUUURE!!!!!

I would lurv to hear Kate Bush surrounded.

I recently heard an upmix of The Story of i by EoH, the veteran upmixer who is very occasionally seen here on QQ. The Intro ("Impact") is effing brilliant and utterly convincing. And then at the start of "Warmer Hands," the stereo soundstage audibly contracts and there's just not much even the best upmixer can do with it. Back in the day, Moraz told interviewers that he was enthusiastic about surround. I think he now owns his recordings. So who knows? If the next Steven Wilson came along and was willing to work for cheap...
Maybe Jan Printz can get in contact with him. :unsure:

Snooooooood Loving your Hounds of Love pick !!!!!! :QQlove

This will never happen.............

Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot :QQlove

Kate Bush - Hounds of Love....... would be koo tooo........weird how Snood came about that album...........went into used record store - Rock and Roll Heaven in Orlando - very young snood - Snood at the time, had no idea who was...........was looking at the usual Snood stuff. Still remember the owner playing the LP but saying, "It is pretty warped, but still sounds good." Snood rolled his eyes. But he kept playing all of side 1 and Snood was like Holy Phuck - Gimme this Noooooooooooooooooooow :SB

Hint GOS!!! Pick up this album! :cool:

Back when Hounds of Love was released, I was dating a woman with whom I shared a lot of musical interests. Unfortunately, she was decidedly not a prog fan. :cry: But she did like Kate Bush a lot, so Hounds, besides being an amazing piece of work, is also lots of nice memories for me. (Sigh...)

P.S. Big YES to Wilco! That would be very koooo.... :)

Back when Hounds of Love was released, I was dating a woman with whom I shared a lot of musical interests. Unfortunately, she was decidedly not a prog fan. :cry: But she did like Kate Bush a lot, so Hounds, besides being an amazing piece of work, is also lots of nice memories for me. (Sigh...)

P.S. Big YES to Wilco! That would be very koooo.... :)

Jim have you tried Yankee on Spec Web?? It is not the greatest but seems to be pretty good.........ehhh maybe Snood was drunk, but was really impressed with it compared. Gonna make me put it on tonight lol :rocks

Even though the Moody Blues were mixed into quad, I'd like to hear true 5.1 mixes, and with today's technology, they could probably do a proper 5.1 mix of "In Search Of The Lost Chord", and there's no need to stop at "Seventh Sojourn".

1. The Eagles' debut album (I'd really like to think there's an unreleased quad mix of this buried in a bunker somewhere)
2. Aerosmith's debut album (I still wonder why this one wasn't done along with Toys, Wings, and Rocks)
3. Steely Dan- Pretzel Logic (a real discrete 5.1 mix)
4. Led Zep- II and IV
5. Billy Joel- An Innocent Man
6. CSNY- Debut album and Deja Vu
7. Jackson Browne- The Pretender
8. Return To Forever- Romantic Warrior
9. Deep Purple- Who Do We Think We Are (just for "Woman From Tokyo)
10. Killers- Hot Fuss

...and many more

1. The Eagles' debut album (I'd really like to think there's an unreleased quad mix of this buried in a bunker somewhere)
2. Aerosmith's debut album (I still wonder why this one wasn't done along with Toys, Wings, and Rocks)
3. Steely Dan- Pretzel Logic (a real discrete 5.1 mix)
4. Led Zep- II and IV
5. Billy Joel- An Innocent Man
6. CSNY- Debut album and Deja Vu
7. Jackson Browne- The Pretender
8. Return To Forever- Romantic Warrior
9. Deep Purple- Who Do We Think We Are (just for "Woman From Tokyo)
10. Killers- Hot Fuss

...and many more

That's a pretty awesome list(y)

Back