Play This @ My Funeral Songs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"You Can't Always Get What You Want"
Favorite song, now & forever after!
3 favorite versions: Original;(Let it Bleed)
Live: Ladies & Gentlemen
Live: Bootleg of "Europe '73" Best of them all, & better than the re-mastered "Brussels Affair"

Close 2nd, would be "Gimme Shelter"; also from Brussels Affair; just listen & see why Mick Taylor changed the Stones forever

Great song, but what about Sunfighter, & Baron Von Tollbooth, & the chrome nun?

Not sure I want a song about cannibalism at my funeral :eek: ("Silver Spoon")

Those are definitely fine albums (not solely Kantner's) and I love the moodiness on Baron . . . "Your Mind Has Left Your Body" is I guess the best funeral choice, though not a favorite tune of mine on it (that goes to "Transcaucasian White Boy").

Not sure I want a song about cannibalism at my funeral :eek: ("Silver Spoon")

Those are definitely fine albums (not solely Kantner's) and I love the moodiness on Baron . . . "Your Mind Has Left Your Body" is I guess the best funeral choice, though not a favorite tune of mine on it (that goes to "Transcaucasian White Boy").
Wasn't referring to the musical content, just the fact that they are Kantner solo projects, as well
Always thought "Million" from Sunfighter was a great tune

I told my wife a long time ago....(let them) burn me to ashes.
AT THE PARTY, place the container in a prominent place and throw some sour mash whiskey on it every once in a while.
If my best bud makes it up here for the party, I expect he'll want to listen to Country ...just hope he plays some Haggard. My wife will be cool with that I expect.

Not sure what would actually be played at the time of my passing; I do know there are certain musical passages that allow me to say it's been my privilege to be alive while these masterful moments could be experienced: Medley of sections of Genesis - Cinema Show, Robbery, Assault & Battery, Supper's Ready, Ripples, Entangled, All In A Mouse's Night, Dancing With the Moonlit Knight, Firth of Fifth, Madman Moon, ELP - Jerusalem, KE9 1st Impression part 1, King Crimson - Exiles (live USA), Epitaph, Starless, you get the idea. The musical moments that wash over me, the parts that I will always treasure.

I do not intend on having a funeral, I am going to leave in my will to have
A PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

and the only song I want to have them play is ..."Waltz in A" and hopefully my musician friends can jam along!!!

I would give up a testicle to be able to play tenor sax the way Lenny Pickett does with the mastered altissimo register.

It wouldn't be me if it didn't have some AC/DC, Ride On <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Some Jonny Lang, Still Rainin <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tesla, What You Give <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just to start, ermm finish...

"Happy Birthday" thus reminding people of me any time it's played.

Depending on my mood at the time of stating my preference, I'd either go for You'll Have Time by William Shatner or Urlicht by Mahler, as sung by Fassbaender and conducted by Chailly.

The Shat

The Mahler (sung by Fassbaender but sadly not conducted by Chailly)

Back