Poco SACD won't load!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority here, and I may get some flames for this... but I just don't see the high Oppo pricing going on indefinitely. I think its a lot of knee jerk reaction to a favored brand that is going away. The Oppos were great machines over the years and the customer service was second to none. I agree completely. But I think this will all die down in less than a year...

If its MC analog output you need, you are pretty much screwed. I know of no other player with MC analog out. Time to start looking for a digital front end. You should have seen this coming. If its a decent MC DAC you need, you can get them for more money. The Oppo was unique in that they included a MC DAC at a price point that cant even be approached by a stand alone unit...QUOTE]

Perhaps we should hope that these machines continue to demand high prices in the quantities that we see flying off of ebay and elsewhere. Then perhaps some manufacturer will believe that producing a similar line of units is financially viable. From what I hear from you folks, it seems that the Oppos were way underpriced for what they do.

Regarding the statement on the analog outs that "You should have seen this coming," I am sure that people will figure out workarounds if push comes to shove.

Well - I came home and one last time, tried everything under the sun trying to get it to load/read discs.....no dice. So, I went ahead and placed an order for repair.......I should be shipping it out tomorrow. I have original boxes, so should be easy I guess. I feel like I've had a death in the family..lmao

Well - I came home and one last time, tried everything under the sun trying to get it to load/read discs.....no dice. So, I went ahead and placed an order for repair.......I should be shipping it out tomorrow. I have original boxes, so should be easy I guess. I feel like I've had a death in the family..lmao

You should feel like a family member just recovered from an operation and will be good as new...that Oppo will be refurbished and all will be good in the world again(y)

Hope you EXPEDITED IT, Gene. I know how it feels when a piece of equipment malfunctions. I finally 'unfroze' my pricey Parasound P7 all analogue preamp in my secondary system so I can play all my surround discs. It was locked on Stereo only balanced outputs from my Marantz Stereo SACD player for about 4 months. And I did send it to California once for repairs and they said NOTHING WAS WRONG WITH IT. BULLSHIT!

Good luck, bud. It'll be back in your system before you know it!

And the OPPO will once again be able to play POCO...instead of making you LOCO!

You should feel like a family member just recovered from an operation and will be good as new...that Oppo will be refurbished and all will be good in the world again(y)
Yeah... Well, the other good thing is....I totally know they will thoroughly check it out...adjust things as needed...put in new parts that are non-functional....clean all the moving parts and ship it back asap. Yep, you are right. :)

Hope you EXPEDITED IT, Gene. I know how it feels when a piece of equipment malfunctions. I finally 'unfroze' my pricey Parasound P7 all analogue preamp in my secondary system so I can play all my surround discs. It was locked on Stereo only balanced outputs from my Marantz Stereo SACD player for about 4 months. And I did send it to California once for repairs and they said NOTHING WAS WRONG WITH IT. BULLSHIT!

Good luck, bud. It'll be back in your system before you know it!
Thanks Ralph bro... I won't expedite it......but I will insure it. Once it goes out the door...I may even hook up my shiny new 203 just to see what it's all about.....

Well perhaps somebody on here that needs an Oppo should send you a PM and make you an offer if you don't need it anymore(y)
Alas its only an 83SE... and hey.... its an Oppo. But it will play SACD-R and DVDA-R for those of you who still futz with those. And I do play video on it occasionally, just not in the last 6 months. Because I watch in the Bedroom now.

Edit: I take it back. Im wrong. I did watch Yellow Submarine maybe 6 weeks ago.

There could be a silver lining for the owners of the 103 that use the USB function more than the disc function...IF the weakness of the 103 is the laser...using it less would reduce or delay the laser failure..

Stop wasting time, Clinty, and get that OPPO 203 set up. Am anxiously awaiting your review. Don't forget....the 203/205 have two HDMI outputs. One carries ONLY audio and the other audio/video. Since I have an older Onkyo receiver in my bedroom, I plugged the audio output into the Onkyo and the audio/video directly into my LG OLED TV utilizing two Shunyata Research Venom HDMI cables. Talk about a purist snob.

So Clint, are you torn about opening your new 203? You could keep it unopened and possibly sell it for crazy money.

It's not that...my extended warranty on my 103D will expire on 7/25 and I want to keep using it until the warranty period is over...but the real reason is I'm lazy...there I've said it...I don't want to set it up...my internet connection is about as slow as sands through an hourglass and I'd have to download all those firmware updates plus program it....

Back