Porcupine Tree "The Incident"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrtanner

Any news on a DVD-A version?

"Porcupine Tree are happy to announce the forthcoming release of their tenth studio album "The Incident". The record is set to be released via Roadrunner Records worldwide on 21st September, as a double CD.

The centre-piece is the title track, which takes up the whole of the first disc. The 55-minute work is described as “a slightly surreal song cycle about beginnings and endings and the sense that ‘after this, things will never be the same again’.”

Where's Neil for more info ? :)
I hope there's a deluxe 3-disc Dvd-A with arty book and free plectrum coming !!!!!

~M~

Has SW made anything lately without a 5.1 DVD-A?

Shoot, Beatles and Porcupine Tree in September! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

When Neil's silent it's usually a good thing! It means he's busy working on something....:banana:

Nothing yet about a 5.1 DVD-A version
We can certainly expect a surround version and, as far I'm concerned, a DVD-A too. We'll might just have to wait a little longer than september 2009 :rolleyes:.
This is based on the observation of the releases of all the other PT DVD-A's. But Hey, it was always worth the wait!

We can always rely on "SW" to keep things humming in our surround world!!

Thanks Steve :smokin

http://www.guitarinstructor.com/blog/2009/06/18/sneak-peek-at-new-porcupine-tree-album-the-incident

On Tuesday, June 16, we had the privilege of hearing the new Porcupine Tree album, titled The Incident, in a full surround mix at a New York City studio. It was an intimate gathering comprising primarily music journalists—and one surprise guest, bassist Tony Levin

...The band's manager then pushed PLAY, and the ensuing 55 minutes of stunning progressive rock held the group silently captive.

Only 55 Mins?
Whatever happened to the other 21 minutes, I wonder? (It was on the DVDA used for the playback session)

Of course there is a 5.1 mix........did you ever really doubt it?

:eek: :sun :banana: (y) :D

maybe they just played the title track at the sneak preview.

no doubts, but we didn;t want to take things for granted ;)

wait... if they used the DVD-A does it mean that
1) it's ready? and
2) the DVD-A will be released simultaneously this time round?

B!**dy Steven Wilson, credit card, credit crunch, if he thinks ill ....:(:mad:@:

Of course I will, cant wait looking like a good year for surround after all.:banana::banana::banana:

:eek: :sun :banana: (y) :D

maybe they just played the title track at the sneak preview.

no doubts, but we didn;t want to take things for granted ;)

wait... if they used the DVD-A does it mean that
1) it's ready? and
2) the DVD-A will be released simultaneously this time round?

Ah - sorry there.
No, the DVDA is not yet done. ALl we did was created a CD type DVDA for the playback event, where you load the disc & it just plays.
No visuals, no nothing.
The "title track" is a bit of a misnomer too - although the first 14 tracks on this 18 track album are indeed all segued together under the main title of "The Incident", there are 13 indexes in the main sequence plus track 14 is also a part of the main title. Then there are the additional 4 tracks that are now going to be a part of the main album (at least they are on the DVD. On the CD side, I believe it will be 2 discs) and the whole thing will clock in at 76 minutes in total.
Phew.

I will post details as I am given clearance to do so.
Rest assured though, lossless fans, rest assured.:banana::smokin:smokin:smokin

Back