Pseudo-quad George Carlin

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdmack

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
I was transferring my vinyl copy of "FM & AM" by George Carlin to CD today. This album has a kind of sideways mix, where George is panned to the left and the audience is panned to the right. A thought occurred to me. What if I used the Adobe Audition surround encoder to place the left channel in the fronts, and the right channel in the rears? The answer is - it sounds pretty good! It's not really quad, it's more like mono with depth. But I like it a lot better than the standard stereo mix.

J. D.

You can always try to use the "stereo enhancers" to create from each mono channel a pair.
Try it, it can be intresting.

A classic album, burned into my head. (Forcast for tonight: DARK) :D

Never heard this one, but I will always remember "Toledo Window Box" with very fond memories.
Classic of it's kind.

I have the cd box set - The Little David Years: 1971-1977, and will check and see if it has the stereo seperation that you are talking about.

its totally worth it for the bonus 9th disc, which I think is so much funnier.

I had a Nestor Pistor 8-track that was like that. Sounded horrible.... when I did a CD transfer I centered it up. Comedy might as well be mono.

yeah, the cd has the same setup, kinda like you are watching him from the side or something!

Back