Q8-Technics-RS-858DUS Question

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clemens

.... it seems to get confused really easily, as in you have to manually switch the tracks sometimes by ejecting the 8 track and putting it back in, and the lamp that indicates what program it is playing sometimes doesn't light up - these are problems after I had it fixed.

….. I can't figure out how to open it. I can remove the bottom plate but that's no use. Would you be able to help me, please?

I see that the last message in this thread is from some time ago. Hope someone can help me anyway.
Reading the thread I came accross two questions that are not answered and I have the same questions.
-could you give me some guidelines on how to open this Technics? Removing the top plate is easy, but then? What steps are next?
-I have similar problems with switching the tracks as 8trackman describes. In case of automatic switching (sensor foil on tape) or manual switching using the press button. What is the cause and how can this be solved?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

When I joined the discussion in this thread, I did not realize that this is the "Vintage Quadraphonic Equipment Gallery" and that my questions should not be asked here.
I suggest that the moderator removes my questions here.

Can anyone help out here? I moved these posts so they'd get out in the open.

Thanks

Can anyone help out here? I moved these posts so they'd get out in the open.

Thanks

I'm not sure what you want Jon...I can see the posts...and it appears that this thread was an older one and has some recent posts on it...perhaps that is what you mean by "in the open".. I sent Clemens a PM with this thread location so now he knows where to come for any new information

If you Register you can down-load the manual, looks quite comprehensive. Here is the disassembly page.

RS858DUS.jpg

Thank you all for your input. I am going to give it a try.
Any idea/suggestions about the track selector?

Back