• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

QQ Beatles Page - UPDATE

JonUrban

Administrator
Staff member
I figured after 7 years I should do a refresh, so I had some time today, did a few scans, and have a first go.

I need you Beatles surround fans to check this page out and let me know:

Is there anything wrong?
Am I missing anything?
Are there any mistakes (info/description)
Anything else I need to do?

Go ahead and let loose. I won't be offended! :yikes
I appreciate the feedback. (16726)

http://www.quadraphonicquad.com/QQ-beatles.htm

(Next I need to work on the Pink Floyd Page.......................)

DuncanS

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Thanks for the re-posting link I just discovered that the John Lennon "Legend" album was also available as a 5.1 DVD, so I just bought one :cool:

I've the Wings "Venus & Mars" DTS CD, George Harrison "Live in Japan" SACD, Ringo Starr "Ringo 5.1" DVD-A, Beatles "Love" DVD-A, "1+" BDA, "Sgt. Peppers" Box Set, & McCartney Years DVD-V, and the Synopsis under each tallies with my thoughts!

georgeshannon

600 Club - QQ All Star
Great job Jon. What an important resource. Thanks for putting this together.

I figured after 7 years I should do a refresh, so I had some time today, did a few scans, and have a first go.

Is there anything wrong?
Am I missing anything?

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
One major thing:
Don't forget about the "Magical Mystery Tour" Blu-Ray & DVD that came out in the Fall of 2012!

You may also want to mention that "Help!" was released on Blu-Ray in 2013 with the same 5.1 surround mix as the 2007 DVD, only this time in full high-resolution!

:)

JonUrban

Administrator
Staff member
One major thing:
Don't forget about the "Magical Mystery Tour" Blu-Ray & DVD that came out in the Fall of 2012!

You may also want to mention that "Help!" was released on Blu-Ray in 2013 with the same 5.1 surround mix as the 2007 DVD, only this time in full high-resolution!

:)
GOOD JOB RT!!

How did I forget about MMT??? Well I grabbed my still sealed deluxe set for scanning and created that section while everything was still readily available on my PC, so an addendum was made to the HELP! description, and a MMT section now is there.

THANKS!!!! (y) :brew

JonUrban

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for this great resource. I'm bleary and on mobile so maybe I just missed it on the page:

Rockshow [Blu-ray] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CG0YLGG/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_KlGpzbP06K91E
Yes, and no. I have that BluRay and while it's a great concert, Prime Paul, it's not a surround spectacular. Aside from the warning on the old Hard Days Night, I didn't want to put videos on that page unless they were surround worthy, or created with audio in mind (1/1+). Concert films are genuinely disappointing when it comes to 5.1.

Is there anything wrong?
Am I missing anything?

Just For completeness... I see that my DVD of Paul McCartney's Give My Regards to Broad Street has a 4.0 Dolby Surround Soundtrack:)

fizzywiggs41

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Well fwiw, George Harrison-Dark Horse Years has the Live in Japan Concert in 5.1.

Don't know if you have any info on the rumoured quad mix of Ram , I know I don't .

Also 50th Pepper has a DVD as well I believe .

Lennon Legend is available as a DVD (amaray) and a bit later was made available as a cd/dvd.

Live At The Hollywood Bowl Blu-ray and DVD might be considered.

And McCartney has uhj ambisonic "Liverpool Oratorio" cd and later 5.1 DVD .

Concert DVDS : Harrison Concert for Bangladesh , Ringo has 1 or 2 in 5.1 , McCartney has Rockshow as previously mentioned and Lennon Live Peace In Toronto .

Ed Bishop

Still Alive Vinyl Mod
Staff member
The only corrections I can find:

In the caption for GOODNIGHT VIENNA, the word 'the' is used instead of what I'm sure you intended, 'they' (as in 'the listener will find if 'the' carefully listen to the surround mix on this one.')

Sorry, Jon, I proofread everything, and these days, even the high end, prestige mags make sometimes glaring typos.

ED :)