• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

QQ Exclusive - free Sanctuary II surround mix singles from Rob Reed!

Neil Palfreyman

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Reaction score
Many of you will be aware that Rob Reed's second solo album "Sanctuary II" is now in pre-order for a June 10th release.

http://www.magentashopfront.com/page2.htm

Like Sanctuary I, it's very much in the style of Mike Oldfield, one of Rob's favourite artists.

To promote the album Rob recently released an EP featuring two re-mixes of the single "Marimba", taken from the album, a video of one of them can be found here:

[video=youtube;l4qyZbiDb3c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4qyZbiDb3c[/video]

As a special "thank you" for ongoing support from QQ members for his surround mixes, Rob has re-mixed the two versions of "Marimba" from the EP in surround and made them available as free flac downloads from his Dropbox!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

They provide a great "taste" of the album itself, are presented un-mastered, straight from Rob's mixing desk and sound very nice indeed! :)

Use the link below to access the files:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rsbl98c4g1mniot/AADi_oerVWMg8HQGcyHI21XWa?dl=0

As you know, Rob has an intense passion for surround as a format and has made mixes of several Magenta albums, his Kompendium and Kiama projects and Sanctaury I available as surround releases.

Sanctuary II was conceived with surround in mind and it really shows. The mix is highly discrete, very active, immersive and uses surround to enhance the musical experience.

Enjoy the freebies!

Last edited:

Neil Palfreyman

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Reaction score
For completeness here's a video of the second version of Marimba.

[video=youtube;yhKy2t04PMQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhKy2t04PMQ[/video]

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
I love the way this is sounding...I can't wait to get my copy!

skherbeck

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
I've never heard Rob Reed until now... Will definitely purchase this one! Thank you to all who post original music for download on the QQ (ji eff; edissonbaggins; and everyone else)... I love this forum!

Cheezmo

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Reaction score
Love it. Can't wait for the full release!

Snood

Staff member
Reaction score
Awwwwwwwwwwwesome Thank You Rob Thank You Neil :banana:

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
A big :51banana: thank you to Rob & Neil

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
Reaction score
This is a truly beautiful disc. Really, if you like Tubular Bells... even a little... you will love this disc. I have listened to it probably 10 times or so now and it just gets better.

ji eff

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing that out, Neil ! Really enjoying the two freebies :upthumb

The artwork is right up my alley.. gorgeous!

HomerJAU

Moderator: MCH Media Players
Staff member
Reaction score
I love Rob's music videos. If anyone hasn't seen the videos he did for Santuary they are posted on another thread here in QQ for that album which I bought and have enjoyed (I need to play it again soon).

I just ordered Santuary II too. Nice reminder to post the EP download and video.

Thanks Neil and Rob!

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
Man, I was about to go crazy....I couldn't find any reference to my purchase of this disc in my emails....started thinking I didn't order...then I found my "receipt" email in my junk folder! :banana:

Anyway, so yeah...I pre-ordered this on April 8th.

skherbeck

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
Just Pre-ordered this one! (And purchased the first "Sanctuary" album while I was at it!) Thanks again!

Steve Schoultz

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Reaction score
Does anybody know what happened to the buy link? I tried both, with and without the t-shirt. Both pages are no longer there.