Quad hardware requirements

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey! Thanks for reminding me! I happen to have a Sony DVPNC555ES with extensive upgrades from SACDmods. That would be ideal for this.
This is meant to be. :)

Add a second KN-7044 and two more power amps and you would have 7.1 capabilities. Just sayin'.

Hey! Thanks for reminding me! I happen to have a Sony DVPNC555ES with extensive upgrades from SACDmods. That would be ideal for this.

I looked at the Surround Master and it looks like hype to me. I remember a consistent reaction listeners had to the Pono device: "it's a close to vinyl recording" as you can get. The Surround Master only has an SQ option, and it's not standard. Not sure it can decode QS.

If you were to read the comments from many satisfied users (including myself) on the various threads here about the SM you'd probably realise there was no hype associated with this product (quite the reverse - it was very understated in its marketing compared to its actual performance). It is an excellent QS and SQ decoder (arguably the best there has ever been) and surround synthesiser. The original SM (no longer available) is about to be replaced by a new and improved version with additional features such as level controls.

Look closer. It is a good product, sadly the A/D conversion and DSP processing is 16/44 (say, circa 1982) without input level adjustment to boot, but no one has ever complained.
I looked at their website for a manual that covers it...so I could not look more closely than their marketeer page...I may have to look outside their pages for that manual.
Thanks!

Back