Quadraphonic Format Talk

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I printed out Mark Anderson's quad discography and put it in a three-ring binder once I started collecting seriously, I check it off as I go, and almost never go on a record pick without it. The only thing is it's a little out of date with recent corrections...

I have an Excel spreadsheet that I use to keep track of Q8 releases, highlighting of course which ones I have, but also because it's super easy to add-in many tapes we'd previously not known about. I originally made it just to see if I could, but now I use it to keep track of my collection!! Too often, I've bought a tape, go to slip it into the collection only to realize I already had it!

I have an Excel spreadsheet that I use to keep track of Q8 releases, highlighting of course which ones I have, but also because it's super easy to add-in many tapes we'd previously not known about. I originally made it just to see if I could, but now I use it to keep track of my collection!! Too often, I've bought a tape, go to slip it into the collection only to realize I already had it!

Great system....but I guess, NOT foolproof. I wouldn't know where to start if I decided to put my ridiculously massive collection of 'acquisitions' onto spreadsheets. I also have duplicates of SACDs, DVD~As, etc. and I have an equally massive collection of DVDs, BD~Vs and now I'm adding 4K and of course BD~A titles.

As for duplicates of 8 tracks......if you're getting a decent deal on the tapes NOT so bad as it is a tricky format with jam ups and splices coming apart. We just had a discussion on another thread about print through on Open Reel tapes and I haven't played any of mine in years so I imagine print through IS rampant on my ample collection of Q4 and Stereo Open Reels.

Thankfully, I do have a pretty good memory but hardly foolproof and only buy duplicates when I can get a great deal on them........ I refer to them as back~ups as even digital mediums are prone to laser rot, etc.

Last edited:
Back