Queen “Bohemian Rhapsody” Biopic

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is actually featured in the film quite early on, and got some funny bits to it as well... The guy that does Brian May is very good too...

Excellent video, Master Smithers. And it points to a sad reality: Those 2 inch analogue multitracks can only be baked ONCE to be usable before transfer to a digital medium and hopefully we'll get ALL of Queens fabulous oeuvre on multichannel HI RES BD~A or equivalent.

Thanks for sharing.

I actually really enjoyed the film. Saw it last night and the theater was large and packed. The sound system is the best I've ever heard and it was perfect for the music, which the film really celebrates. It was the perfect volume too. I know a few things were tweaked around to make a better narrative, but I thought it was very enjoyable and entertaining.

The last 20 mins at wem-ber-lee were so good I was almost joining in with the crowd! Yeah I'm sure a bit of artistic license was used, but I came out of the cinema with a big smile. :)
I saw it last weekend. I agree about the last 20 minutes. I had the urge to stand and applaud. Overall I really liked the movie and would recommend it to one and all.

I saw this tonight, the story was nothing new to me being a life long Queen fan, having all discs, video's etc but I was highly moved. Spent the last 45 mins with tears and the movie was put together very well. The actors all looked so good. I wish Freddie was still here and my freind Glenn who died of Aids in 1989. I have another friend a woman, who was diagnosed HIV Positive, 20 years ago and the medicine is still working for her, lots of side effects of course but she is alive. Last year I saw Queen with Adam Lambert in San Jose and that show was fantastic. Long Live Queen.

This is cool... what a fantastic film

Looks like the video was removed, but what it showed was that the Live Aid sequences in the movie perfectly correlated with the actual concert. See this if you havnt already... I watched two Queen docs last night after coming home from the movies, and tonight it will be The Game and ANATO in surround :)

Looks like the video was removed, but what it showed was that the Live Aid sequences in the movie perfectly correlated with the actual concert. See this if you havnt already... I watched two Queen docs last night after coming home from the movies, and tonight it will be The Game and ANATO in surround :)
Don't forget the video collections, which are awesome!

Sorry for playing Uncle Grumpy but the movie pissed me off!!!!
Fat Bottomed Girls in 1974????? We will Rock you in 1980?????
Come oooon!!!
Don't these guys know that a lot of the audience are actually QUEEN FANS???
nononononononononooooooooooooooo!!!!
Sorry , too much focus on Freddie's sexuality...
yes, the actor who played Freddie did a great job and I did laugh out loud on the "I'm in Love with my car" joke, but that was it..
and the songs during the credits are plain vanilla Stereo...

Come oooon!!!
yes, the actor who played Freddie did a great job and I did laugh out loud on the "I'm in Love with my car" joke, but that was it..
Yeah, I noticed those issues as well, but overall (comparing it to the “Days of Our Lives” doc) it seemed pretty accurate... I didn’t expect the same level of accuracy as you would get in a documentary... I would compare it to something like “The Doors” movie... more of a “music fantasy” type of thing that’s fun for the current fans and draws new fans in. I’m thinking the coming Elton John movie might piss you off as well, lol!

Yeah, I noticed those issues as well, but overall (comparing it to the “Days of Our Lives” doc) it seemed pretty accurate... I didn’t expect the same level of accuracy as you would get in a documentary... I would compare it to something like “The Doors” movie... more of a “music fantasy” type of thing that’s fun for the current fans and draws new fans in. I’m thinking the coming Elton John movie might piss you off as well, lol!
Yeah, this movie is more like Doors in that there is fact, with a good amount of massaging. I personally loved the movie. But, I'm the guy that hadn't stood in a movie theater since 2002....

My wife and I went to see this movie about 2 weeks ago on a Sunday at 10:30AM...only 8 of us in the 300 seat theater (sit anywhere you like). We really enjoyed it, never yawned once (more Galileo). I personally liked the Brian May character, the details about his red special guitar and the sixpence picks. Of course also liked Mike Myers playing the role of agent Ray Foster that lost the groups contract (Waynes World! Waynes World! Party time! Excellent!).

Check this out if you're interested in Brian May's guitar. The first part is an interview with Brian's guitar tech, it's all about the guitars and effects he uses. Jump ahead to around 13:00 and you'll see the interview with Brian May.
https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/21168-rig-rundown-queens-brian-may

Last edited:
Come oooon!!!

Uncle 'Grumpy....' perhaps the movie should've focused instead on Freddie's 4 extra incisors which supposedly affected his vocal range 1543298106147.jpeg

IT MIGHT'VE GIVEN THE FILM MORE BITE! As for Freddie's initial questionable sexuality....as IF the name QUEEN wasn't a cue?

The critics weren't as ecstatic about Bohemian Rhapsody as they all concurred it was more of a Freddie Bio than an overview of Queen in general.

Have yet to see it. Am still trying to get through the REAL Queen....AKA Netflix's 'The Crown.'

the-crown-netflix.png

Last edited:
As for Freddie's initial questionable sexuality....as IF the name QUEEN wasn't a cue?

Maybe I'm wrong on this... I am not a Queen historian... but didn't Mercury "discover" his alternate sexuality after the band was named Queen? I thought the Queen name was supposed to project regalness, power, authority... that kind of stuff.

Maybe I'm wrong on this... I am not a Queen historian... but didn't Mercury "discover" his alternate sexuality after the band was named Queen? I thought the Queen name was supposed to project regalness, power, authority... that kind of stuff.

Years ago I remember Mercury claiming that "Queen" was simply a slang term along the lines of "cool".

Back