R.E.M. "Monster" (5CD/Blu-Ray 25th anniversary edition arriving in November!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While we wait for official details on the "Monster" 25th anniversary set, R.E.M. released a video on July 4th of "Circus Envy" performed in 2007 at the Dublin Working Rehearsals.

Did you catch this snippet in the posted review link of the AfTP Atmos review? --

"It’s something Mike Mills, who had a hand in remastering and mixing the album alongside original producer Scott Litt and mixer Clif Norrell, is conscious may not be entirely transferable to every record. “I don’t know that you would want to use technology just for the sake of using it,” he told us. “Certainly this record stands up well to it – I’m trying to picture Monster with that, and it may work."

A bit of hope for more Atmos, at least!

I bought the recent AFTP Atmos disc. To me it’s very good but it’s not $100 better the the DVDA. I have Monster already on DVDA and won’t buy for a BDA remix or original ES mix again.

I’m not a huge REM fan though. If Pink Floyd released any of their albums in Atmos I’d jump on them all because I’m a huge fan and would bite at any improvement (and Atmos would be an improvement).

Fortunately, I scored it for just over $40!

Mike, I should hire YOU as my 'personal shopper...' Seems you get THE best deals around. They don't call you hot stuff for nuthin'

See the source image

Mike, I should hire YOU as my 'personal shopper...' Seems you get THE best deals around. They don't call you hot stuff for nuthin'

See the source image
That amazon.de bargain might have been a QQ hot tip! But shopping strategy is part of the point of my recent OOP Prices videos.
Hopefully we're all finding good deals.

That amazon.de bargain might have been a QQ hot tip! But shopping strategy is part of the point of my recent OOP Prices videos.
Hopefully we're all finding good deals.

Unless a Surround remix/box set is manufacturered in short supply, it does pay to wait. Deep Discount on occasion has been blowing out box sets months after they're released for pennies on the dollar....i.e. the Fleetwood Mac Tango In The Night boxset for under $40....and the Velvet Underground set for under $30. And coupled with their frequent 15% off promos, an even BIGGER BARGAIN.

OTOH, BD~A surround remixes and even SACDs [NOT counting Classical] are usually mfg. in shorter supplies so those who do hesitate ..... are plum out of luck!

Last edited:
From Super Deluxe Edition's twitter feed: "November will spawn a Monster"

I guess more details will follow.

LOL, lots of mixed emotions on that link ("box consists of six identical CDs pulled from remainder bins" :D:geek:)

If it is anywhere near the quality of the AftP boxset, this will thrill me! (Just having another ATMOS will be nice, too)

NEW ADVENTURES IN HI-FI in a boxset would make me ecstatic -- love that album!

Last edited:
Back