HiRez Poll R.E.M. - OUT OF TIME [DVD-A/Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A/BDA of R.E.M. - OUT OF TIME

• Total voters
And by "all" I meant everything AFTP and after. For whatever stupid reason, I never got Out of Time. I just remedied this by ordering the 2005 DVD-A of Out of Time. Cannot wait!

And by "all" I meant everything AFTP and after. For whatever stupid reason, I never got Out of Time. I just remedied this by ordering the 2005 DVD-A of Out of Time. Cannot wait!
You should pick up Green that was the first album (based on original release year) to get the CD & DVD-A treatment in 2005, and also Document on DVD-A or DualDisc (which unfortunately is the only album from the I.R.S. years to have been remixed in 5.1).

So I've had a hell of a time trying to get this on DVD-A. I ordered one from Discogs that was Near Mint and it arrived with clouded discs that had clearly oxidized. The seller didn't even check before shipping. I managed to get that refunded, then found a seller in Australia who had both Out of Time DVD-A and Green DVD-A so I bought both from him. He messaged me today to say he checked the discs and found that Green's DVD-A was clouded and oxidized and the RBCD for Out of Time was as well. I went ahead and told him to send me the DVD-A for Out of Time, as I already have the CD.

That said, does anyone know if this is a known issue with these REM albums? I never had an issue with the seven other ones I got the same way...

Both the DVD-A and CD of my copy of Green are very clouded. I played the entire MLP 5.1 set without a hiccup. I bought this used a few years back for not very much - it's a digipak made in the E.U.

Hmmm Snood just checked - both mine are still perfect, but me also keep them closed up in resealable covers :unsure: doubt that would help with that kind of stuff though

I'd like to buy a copy of this. It's primarily for the surround mix, but also for a well-mastered stereo mix. As far as I understand, with the DVD-Audio I'd get both, 5.1 and great stereo mix (possibly the same mastering of the 1991 CD?). With the blu-ray, I'd get the same surround mix, but the remastered version of the album (not what I'm after). There would be the videos as a bonus though... Would that be correct?

Listened to on DVD 📀, well it's a fairly discrete mix and I like how the bass sounds throughout the record; but a bit chaotic to me (I might be weird but I almost prefer "losing my religion" on the "in video" DVD for example); or probably I still prefer this album in stereo...😁

Back