REALLY stupid question ... feel free to flame me without mercy ...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadzilla

Exiled QQ Veteran
Since 2002/2003
OK, this is not likely the best place to ask this, but it is ALMOST relevant ... and I doubt if it breaks any forum rules, :D so here goes:

I have a small STEREO :eek: (for shame) system in my home office ... a Tandberg 2025 Receiver, Dunlavy SC1 Speakers, and a (2-channel) Panasonic DVD-S47S DVD-Audio/CD player. I NEVER use my PC for music, but I wish I could SOMETIMES use the monitor to access disk menus to choose the HiRez Stereo tracks on DVD-Audio disks.

My STUPID question is this ... the nVidia GeForce video graphics card in my PC has an S-Video connection (as well as the usual video monitor connector), but I have no idea if it is an input or an output. There is no marking that I can see. Does anyone have a best guess, or is there something I should look for on the card that will tell me? I suppose I could just TRY it, but I don't know if sending a video signal to an output will damage something.

So, computer gurus, can anyone help? :confused: Happy New Year, Mike.

It's most likely an output. The easiest way to do what you want is to get a inexpensive tuner card. They will have a coax input and usual a Left, Right and composite video input. BTW the only stupid question is the one unasked.

Spence

It's most likely an output. The easiest way to do what you want is to get a inexpensive tuner card. They will have a coax input and usual a Left, Right and composite video input. BTW the only stupid question is the one unasked.

Spence

Thanks Spence. I suspected as much, but I was hoping. Your tuner card idea is a good one, but unfortunately I have run out of card slots on my motherboard. I have been using the video input and monitor screen on my Sony Hi-8 camcorder, but my eyesight is not what it used to be. Thanks for the reply. Mike.

A cheap 5.5 inch portable monitor could do without trashing your current pc configuration and it's cheaper than a video/in card.

Back