Riverside - Wasteland new 2018 album

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The transition to the acoustic guitar at almost the end of The Struggle for Survival after the heavy riffs is simply beautiful. And after that River Down Below.
I'm really tired today after a shitty week spent working in London and having very little sleep. This maybe the reason for feeling more emotional today, but this record has got really moving moments.
They play in November in Madrid, I really hope I'll be able to go and enjoy their music live for the first time.

I finally listened to the album and liked The Struggle for Survival, Wasteland and The Night Before. I was surprised I didn’t care for the rest of the album. One thing that stood out to me is the absence of Piotr Grudziński’s unique guitar sound signature.

I've been doing a lot of painting in the house and listened to this three times in the past 24 hours. It's taken me a few listens to warm up to it... Piotr's guitar playing was almost like a second vocalist and it is missed.

But on its own, Wasteland is a dark, moody, and ultimately beautiful recording. Love it.

On Love, Fear, and the Time Machine, I looked it up on Amazon, there's a two disc set and a single disc. Is the two disc set the surround version? Amazon had absolutely no description on it.

I ordered it, I hope it's good.
The Quadfather
Well, I bought the disc, and listened to it, Not bad at all. I suspect this one will get a lot of play. I got it from the Amazon link above. If you do a general search on Amazon, it won't appear in the surround version, but if you use the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FH8WUSY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1,
You can find it and at a reasonable price. Delivery was quick too. But that's not surprising, there's a brand new Amazon warehouse with in 15 miles of my house. But as I recall, delivery was quick before they built it.

Back