HiRez Poll Rolling Stones - SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Rolling Stones - SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL

• Total voters
$(KGrHqZ,!o!FBbIQee3BBQbdzDKdqQ~~60_35.JPG

I haven't even listened to the mixes, but the real version makes the disc a worthwhile purchase. I've never been a RS fan, but I have always liked this track and it sounds great on this release. I'm amazed at the quality of the recording for the age - this and Tommy prove that there were at least a few people around back in the 60s who knew how to record music. However, there is a downside - it makes other discs sound poor by comparison, Ziggy Stardust comes to mind as it is the most recent of my purchases.

Tommy was done in 1975

I gave this disc a 9. Of course this disc begs the question.....why NOT more classic Stones in the miracle of Surround Sound. Guys, even your arch rivals, the Beatles, have succumbed! We know you'd not be in it for the money......you've PLENTY of that....but think of your rabid fans who still crowd into stadiums and watch your videos on blu ray just to catch a glimpse.

None of us are getting any younger....including your magnetic tape masters. Liberate them from their vaults and give Steve Wilson a ring.......I'm sure he'd say YES.....in a Jumpin':SB Jack FLASH!:51QQ

Last edited:
Back