Rush - A Farewell to Kings 40th anniversary box set (Steven Wilson 5.1 mix included)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure you will get that now from importcds...but really nothing to lose as they won't charge your credit card until it ships...but did you use the TAKE10 promo to get 10% off...i

Clint, you called it. I just received an "out of stock cancellation" notice from ImportCDs.

A "just missed it" experience.

(unless anyone else has found a reasonably priced seller?)

Clint, you called it. I just received an "out of stock cancellation" notice from ImportCDs.

A "just missed it" experience.

(unless anyone else has found a reasonably priced seller?)

Well now you have to enter the "waiting" game....there will be another chance for you...but it won't be soon..I'll let you know if I see any reasonable deals(y)

This was just posted on RUSH's official Facebook page:
Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 5.12.36 PM.jpg

THIS is why I'm glad QQ is continuing! :)

Great news¡¡¡¡¡ For sure at least another soul (or more) will join this excellent community based on Rush´s webpage.

Does this mean I'm in danger of having thousands of Rush fans troll me for my review?

Well...an 8 isn't that bad...I mean there were 2 others with that score..but I heard one of them is now in protective custody and the other has petitioned the court for a name change.....but if Rush falls from that number one spot..well...all bets are off...they do have a loyal fanbase...just saying:walker

You gave another title a ten and admitted THAT mix is poor.

I did? Refresh my memory. I don't know how I could give a 10 then say it is poor. Maybe I was delirious, or being badgered by my teen age daughter at the time. (Seriously, which one are you talking about?)

You misquoted me. I said the surround mix was basic and that the stereo mix (which is also part of the DVD-A) is superior. Basic is hardly the same thing as poor.

(For those of you playing along he was referencing my review of Buena Vista Social Club).

You misquoted me. I said the surround mix was basic and that the stereo mix (which is also part of the DVD-A) is superior. Basic is hardly the same thing as poor.

(For those of you playing along he was referencing my review of Buena Vista Social Club).

Sorry. If you prefer the stereo mix on a quadraphonic site that is a bit confusing for me. Thanks for setting the record straight and I apologise for my mistake. Happy voting.

Sorry. If you prefer the stereo mix on a quadraphonic site that is a bit confusing for me. Thanks for setting the record straight and I apologise for my mistake. Happy voting.

Well, this won't help my issue with possibly being trolled by Rush fans, but I gave this an 8 based on the tunes. I gave Buena Vista Social Club a 10 because to me the music is a 10 but even more the extra features were so enthralling that it overcame a basic mix. I wish every DVD-A or Blu-Ray audio was as well though out as that one. I gave one of my favorite albums of all time (Petty Damn the Torpedoes) Blu-Ray an 8 (IIRC, maybe a 9) because the annoying bouncing screen saver. I consider the visual as much as the audio. If not, might as well be SACDs.

Well, this won't help my issue with possibly being trolled by Rush fans, but I gave this an 8 based on the tunes. I gave Buena Vista Social Club a 10 because to me the music is a 10 but even more the extra features were so enthralling that it overcame a basic mix. I wish every DVD-A or Blu-Ray audio was as well though out as that one. I gave one of my favorite albums of all time (Petty Damn the Torpedoes) Blu-Ray an 8 (IIRC, maybe a 9) because the annoying bouncing screen saver. I consider the visual as much as the audio. If not, might as well be SACDs.

I really don't think any Rush fans will care really. They now know that you vote on the screen gimmicks and not the mix. When someone sees my votes, they know I am voting on mainly the mix and sound quality and less on the screen saver and bonus material, although I did make that mistake with Sgt Pepper, where I did let the excitement of the box contents, override my thoughts on the mix and SQ. I will try to wait next time. Thanks for being forthright in the way you vote. Happy listening and voting!

If the "Moving Pictures" DVD-A had a mix of this quality, I would give that a 10. Is there any chance they do a new mix for Blu-Ray? That would be stellar.

If the "Moving Pictures" DVD-A had a mix of this quality, I would give that a 10. Is there any chance they do a new mix for Blu-Ray? That would be stellar.

We’ll probably have to wait until 2021 (“Moving Pictures” 40th anniversary) to find out, but I certainly would not object to a Steven Wilson 5.1 surround mix of that album.
My main hope is that he is able to remix both “Hemispheres” and “Permanent Waves” in 5.1 Surround!

:)

And you gave Sgt. Peppers a 9 and have been moaning about it ever since...so PLEASE don't go after another poster who sends out mixed signals when that's exactly what you did...and PLEASE...at your age being "excited" isn't really the excuse that will work:)..you are a good poster and it's OK to not like some of these titles...but just give it rest on Sgt. Peppers...the more posts you make on the topic the worse you look..

Pepper is another one where I prefer the stereo mix to the surround, and am not at all happy about it.

Back