SACD to ISO with Oppo & Pioneer BD players!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying to rip my 3 new Doors SACDs but not having any luck. The last time I ripped a SACD was before the BDP10X-83-1226 firmware update for my BDP-103. Did this update kill the iso process? My SACD command reads "sacd_extract -i 192.168.1.3:2002 -P -I" (without the quotes). The I.P. address is correct and this is what I previously used that worked. :(

Odd. Well, I've done firmware updates on my 103 and it never interfered with future ripping. Hmmm...

Obvious question, so you know your IP is correct? You double checked? I mean, every time I reboot my router, it gives me a new IP address for the oppo. I'm sure you did check... :)

Trying to rip my 3 new Doors SACDs but not having any luck. The last time I ripped a SACD was before the BDP10X-83-1226 firmware update for my BDP-103. Did this update kill the iso process? My SACD command reads "sacd_extract -i 192.168.1.3:2002 -P -I" (without the quotes). The I.P. address is correct and this is what I previously used that worked. :(

Just a thought: If you for any reason unplugged the CAT cable from the Oppo (or the other end from your router) the IP address might have changed, in which case once you edit the script to reflect the new IP address you'll be back in business.

Obvious question, so you know your IP is correct? You double checked? I mean, every time I reboot my router, it gives me a new IP address for the oppo. I'm sure you did check... :)

Yep. Checked it on the modem itself and the OPPO properties on the network.

Just a thought: If you for any reason unplugged the CAT cable from the Oppo (or the other end from your router) the IP address might have changed, in which case once you edit the script to reflect the new IP address you'll be back in business.

Yep. Same reply as I sent to GOS. I'll keep trying. Thanks.

Ugh. Well, maybe you need to reboot your PC and Oppo and all that....I dunno Ed. That sucks. I don't think I've ever seen a message like that.

Ugh. Well, maybe you need to reboot your PC and Oppo and all that....I dunno Ed. That sucks. I don't think I've ever seen a message like that.

I didn't get an error message, it just didn't work. I'll try rebooting the modem, the PC and the OPPO as soon as my wife is done watching "Say Yes To The Dress" and "Judge Judy"!!! :mad:@:

I didn't get an error message, it just didn't work. I'll try rebooting the modem, the PC and the OPPO as soon as my wife is done watching "Say Yes To The Dress" and "Judge Judy"!!! :mad:@:

Oh boy...OK. Yeah, I just popped in an SACD I hadn't ripped yet and it works fine, with that firmware.

Oh boy...OK. Yeah, I just popped in an SACD I hadn't ripped yet and it works fine, with that firmware.

EUREKA!!! IT'S WORKING!!! :cool: After totally rebooting and chasing my wife out of the living room with a broomstick :yikes I tried again and found out what my problem was. I had been trying to RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR the command. By chance I OPENED it and it started. Thanks to you and Dr. Simple for the help.

I still haven't got round to doing this yet and I bought the 2nd-hand Oppo 103 a while back, who keeps stealing the spare time!

I still haven't got round to doing this yet and I bought the 2nd-hand Oppo 103 a while back, who keeps stealing the spare time!
I did the same thing with the 105 and I put it in the garage, holidays and my paranoia about failing might lead to a bit of a late start to my plan, but I did get my digital download set up going great.

So I had to reinstall my Sonore program, which of course I use to initiate ripping SACD off my Oppo. I assumed setting up the program would be straight forward, but I can't remember what the heck goes into the "File input" tab? Nothing seems logical to me. I still have the USB drive with all the needed goodies sticking out of my oppo, but I don't remember how to set up Sonore in the first place....

anyone who has this can check what you have in yours? :)

...I can't remember what the heck goes into the "File input" tab?
ISO2DSD has two functions: server input, for ripping discs, and file input, for converting ISOs to other formats (DFF, DSF, etc.). For ripping discs, the "File input" tab is left blank.

ISO2DSD has two functions: server input, for ripping discs, and file input, for converting ISOs to other formats (DFF, DSF, etc.). For ripping discs, the "File input" tab is left blank.

Hmmm - I swore there was initial thing I needed to do when I first installed Sonore. Anyway, I left it blank and entered my IP address of my Oppo and tried to rip and it just sits. So, something with re-installing Sonore has gone astray....

After I installed Sonore and opened it, without me doing anything, here is what my input file tab shows....

sonore.JPG

Hmmm - I swore there was initial thing I needed to do when I first installed Sonore. Anyway, I left it blank and entered my IP address of my Oppo and tried to rip and it just sits. So, something with re-installing Sonore has gone astray....
You've got the prepared USB stick inserted and recognized by your Oppo? I promise, there is nothing to enter under the "File input" tab when ripping discs. The "Server input" tab is the only one to use when ripping. Double-check the IP address and that both the Oppo and your computer are connected to the same local network.

You've got the prepared USB stick inserted and recognized by your Oppo? I promise, there is nothing to enter under the "File input" tab when ripping discs. The "Server input" tab is the only one to use when ripping. Double-check the IP address and that both the Oppo and your computer are connected to the same local network.

OK (y)

Yeah, they are both visible on the network. IP address is correct. Anyway, if the IP address were incorrect, I would get an error type message. Now, it simply does nothing.

Back