SACD to ISO with Oppo & Pioneer BD players!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And....nothing. It's as if the program is dead. Clearly, something needs to be redone between the USB and the program. No clue what...and if I have to start all over, I really have no clue how. Seemed, it took me quite a bit of back and forth to get it working initially. Certainly far from intuitive. I'd say...

And....nothing. It's as if the program is dead. Clearly, something needs to be redone between the USB and the program. No clue what...and if I have to start all over, I really have no clue how. Seemed, it took me quite a bit of back and forth to get it working initially. Certainly far from intuitive. I'd say...
Hmmm... It worked from the first time and every time since for me; very intuitive. I wish I could be of more help, but I can only speak to my own experience and extrapolate from there. Sounds as if you've encountered a problem I can't wrap my head around. Sorry! :(

double check those IP address. They change when you reinstall.

your computer isn't communicating with the oppo or the usb drive in the oppo isn't initializing (it's idle)

pull it out and put it back in again. lol (please no, "that's what she said" jokes) lol

also power down then power up the oppo and open and close the oppo disc tray (I think this somehow triggers the usb and thus the program, at least it seems to when I rip manually).

After fully learning my new FLAC ripping setup, I am now ready to go to my next adventure. If anybody has any good links to share that would be great. Some of the links on this thread are discontinued.
I have OPPO 105, small monitor, Ethernet cable, SONORE ISO2DSD Link, USB drive, JRiver. My tech friend will help me and he is pretty good.
I have copied and pasted several of the posts from this thread that I think are helpful, but I lack confidence so any help is appreciated.
My only interest now is SACD stereo ripping, SACD, SHM SACD, etc. MCH ripping will be later.
Is it the same process for DVD-A or BD stereo only discs ?
What I understand is that I will be able to rip SACD stereo to a DSF file, store on NAS and play as a DSF file through JRiver.

After fully learning my new FLAC ripping setup, I am now ready to go to my next adventure. If anybody has any good links to share that would be great. Some of the links on this thread are discontinued.
I have OPPO 105, small monitor, Ethernet cable, SONORE ISO2DSD Link, USB drive, JRiver.
JRiver is not necessary for ripping. Useful for playback.
My tech friend will help me and he is pretty good. I have copied and pasted several of the posts from this thread that I think are helpful, but I lack confidence so any help is appreciated.
Do it. Nothing will break and there are people to help, here and on other forums
My only interest now is SACD stereo ripping, SACD, SHM SACD, etc. MCH ripping will be later.
Rip to ISO. After that, extract the stereo DSD tracks to DSF. You can go back to those saved ISOs to extract the mch tracks later.
Is it the same process for DVD-A or BD stereo only discs ?
No. Quite different processes.
What I understand is that I will be able to rip SACD stereo to a DSF file, store on NAS and play as a DSF file through JRiver.
Yes, indeed.

Rip to ISO. After that, extract the stereo DSD tracks to DSF. You can go back to those saved ISOs to extract the mch tracks later.

Agree 100%.

AND you will have a backup of your SACDs just in case something unexpected happens e.g. Fire/theft. You can put all your ISOs on a portable drive and store them offsite or in a fireproof safe etc.

JRiver is not necessary for ripping. Useful for playback.
Do it. Nothing will break and there are people to help, here and on other forums
No. Quite different processes.
Yes, indeed.

Agreed. Rip to ISO.
Then you will have the ISO as well as the ability to create Stereo DSF 64 and Multichannel DSF 64 from the ISO using ISO2DSD.

You can also add/edit metadata to the resulting DSF music files using a tagging program like Tag and Rename.
Or MP3 File.

That's how I'm doing it here.

This is a note from my tech and I told him I would ask you guys. Maybe there is a post page or a link that one of you can share with us.

"What I need a little more detail is the OPPO ripping with this USB stick hack. I can do it I'm sure but the ISO will go to the NAS and then we run the iso2dsd program unless the OPPO can convert as well. We shall see."

This is a note from my tech and I told him I would ask you guys. Maybe there is a post page or a link that one of you can share with us.

"What I need a little more detail is the OPPO ripping with this USB stick hack. I can do it I'm sure but the ISO will go to the NAS and then we run the iso2dsd program unless the OPPO can convert as well. We shall see."

It doesn't look like he bothered to read any of the guides. Rip the iso to your PC, don't worry about the NAS until you extract the files from the iso.The iso2dsd program does both the ripping, and the conversion from the ripped iso. The Oppo just reads the disc and sends that info through the lan cable to the PC. If he is charging you anything for his "help" fire him and do it yourself. It is very simple. You don't need any computer smarts to do this.

It doesn't look like he bothered to read any of the guides. Rip the iso to your PC, don't worry about the NAS until you extract the files from the iso.The iso2dsd program does both the ripping, and the conversion from the ripped iso. The Oppo just reads the disc and sends that info through the lan cable to the PC. If he is charging you anything for his "help" fire him and do it yourself. It is very simple. You don't need any computer smarts to do this.

Amen. Also, the iso2dsd program, along with sacd_extract can rip and convert but you want to do them as separate steps.

1bcb55382dfb9741c07cf2d23427a30e.jpg

Love how easy I can rip SACD via ISO2DSD and my OPPO 203

[emoji1474]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been wanting SACD rip capability for a a while now. Towards that end, I've been shopping the used market on and off for a few months looking for an OPPO 103 deal. I haven't found one. So I've given up and purchased a new Pioneer BDP-80FD instead. Prices for a used 103 that is in a condition that is acceptable to me never seem to show up below the $400 price point. "Acceptable to me" = sourced from an audiophile who upgraded as opposed to a pawn shop and comes with original box, remote, dongle...etc). More often, acceptable units hover in the $450 range.

I got a new Pioneer BDP-80FD for $230, shipped. A much more reasonable cost considering I only plan to use it for SACD processing. My OPPO 83 SE is still my main player, but it is seldom used because it all gets ripped to the NAS now .... except for SACD of course. So I guess that's about to change.

I can see the reasoning behind OPPO deciding to fold up its tent with respect to disc players. I'm not sure I'll ever buy another optical deck for audio playback in my main system if the 83 fails. With the ability to rip everything to the NAS, there is just no need. I find it ironic that since OPPO made their "going out of business" announcement they sold out their remaining inventory and are working with a waiting list for the last batch of new disk players, while I am looking to get to a point where I wont ever need to use an optical player at all in my day to day listening.

If anyone out there has experience with using a BDP-80FD for ripping SACD and has specific tips, please pass them along.:)

Back