SACD to ISO with Oppo & Pioneer BD players!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome Kal, that ripped exactly as Brian said, Bitrate 14112, DSF File. I better start writing things down as my stereo rip is a tiny bit different than my mch rip.
Now, can I get it to play? Ugh, cmon now you can do it.

2. Are you ripping directly from disc to DSF> If so,
Switch to
Output Mode>SonyDSF, Cue Sheet>UnChecked, Print>Checked, Convert DST to DSD>Checked.
When ripping MCH SACD disc, I just switched from Dual to Multi. (Yes)[/QUOTE]
Awesome Kal, I did this suggestion and came out exactly as Brian said above, bitrate 14112, DSF File. Now lets see if I can get it to play MCH.

I am so glad you arrived Himey. Just for clarity, would it have been easier if that box was checked during the stereo SACD rips?

Yes. I made the same rookie mistake too! Just leave it checked for everything.

I add a cue file myself because I am using an Oppo over a network and with an attached drive. One long file with a cue sheet...I will also add, you are in good hands with Kal.

Yes. I made the same rookie mistake too! Just leave it checked for everything.

I add a cue file myself because I am using an Oppo over a network and with an attached drive. One long file with a cue sheet...

I was using the cue selection because I had trouble with the metadata tagging and Kal suggested that and worked well, my OPPO is on my network also but I ethernet connected everything now, no more wireless, much better. This last rip (MCH) without the cue selection was just fine. I am digging this Led Zep BD right now so I am just going to keep ripping SACD mch's for now, plus I am scared to try again the playback and be dissapointed, I work very slow, I'm a bull in all my life but this project I'm very timid.

I can tell the files are bigger, takes almost double to rip from the OPPO 105 and then to put into the NAS before it goes to JRiver. I have about 2/3 mch discs that I had of the stereo, so I guess it is going to take about 5 weeks to rip them all. I'll ask playback questions later but I feel good that I am on the right track with ripping SACD MCH.

One little note I noticed. The bitrate for 4.0 is 14112 and the bitrate for 5.1 is 16934. Ripping is now successful with the SACD MCH's. Unsuccessful with playback in mch but I am off to the 49ers game and will try to figure out the JRiver settings later.

What do you guys typically do on the SACD MCH rips? Do you rip the mch layer and the stereo layer (two rips)? After ripping the mch layer I was hoping that the stereo layer would play like all the rest, but with my stereo zone (still not successful with my multichannel zone). No such luck.
I looked into playing the mch through my MX122 (my D150 is a stereo DAC only) receiver which is recognized by my JRiver on the IP address, calls it a DLNA? Whatever that means? Because my NUC is USB connected to the D150 DAC. I hate to spend around $4000.00 but my brain keeps telling me to purchase the exasound38, but I get overwhelmed with that, hooking it up to my integrated McIntosh system.
I'm getting there, much farther along than 3 months ago, for a hobby.

Please ignore this if not relevant. I have my files on a NAS using a DLNA server. To play multichannel (and stereo) DSF I use the Oppo 103 as a DLNA renderer, controlled from an app on my iPad (mconnectHD). No need for another DAC.

Please ignore this if not relevant. I have my files on a NAS using a DLNA server. To play multichannel (and stereo) DSF I use the Oppo 103 as a DLNA renderer, controlled from an app on my iPad (mconnectHD). No need for another DAC.

So it would seem to me that my MX122 which JRiver picks up on the shared network as a DLNA server would be as easy as creating a mch zone for the MX122. Then I would have to configure the JRiver to play/output to that zone in MCH.Yes I also have a NAS storage for all my audio files. The MX122 when I do an attempt to play, I can see recognizes the source as on the front panel screen it says DLNA NUC, my Intel NUC is the brains. Hopefully this weekend I can really settle down and get focused on my JRiver settings for a MCH zone playing out of the MX122. When I play hard discs SACD, Blu Ray, etc they all play from the SACD player directly into the MX122 and does not even go through the D150 external DAC. I'm there, I just need to figure it out. I still think the Exasound38 would be the ultimate way to go for many reasons and I am waiting for a reply from them in Canada.

So it would seem to me that my MX122 which JRiver picks up on the shared network as a DLNA server would be as easy as creating a mch zone for the MX122. Then I would have to configure the JRiver to play/output to that zone in MCH.Yes I also have a NAS storage for all my audio files. The MX122 when I do an attempt to play, I can see recognizes the source as on the front panel screen it says DLNA NUC, my Intel NUC is the brains. Hopefully this weekend I can really settle down and get focused on my JRiver settings for a MCH zone playing out of the MX122. When I play hard discs SACD, Blu Ray, etc they all play from the SACD player directly into the MX122 and does not even go through the D150 external DAC. I'm there, I just need to figure it out. I still think the Exasound38 would be the ultimate way to go for many reasons and I am waiting for a reply from them in Canada.

The NAS will be the server.

If the MX 122 can play back over a network, that will be the renderer. There are no settings in jRiver for a renderer and you can't create a new zone for it. It will show up as its own "zone" automatically when it is detected.

Before buying the Exasound, connect the NUC, running jRiver, to the MX122 via HDMI. Create an additional multichannel zone, and use the NAS server files for playback.

The NAS will be the server.

If the MX 122 can play back over a network, that will be the renderer. There are no settings in jRiver for a renderer and you can't create a new zone for it. It will show up as its own "zone" automatically when it is detected.

Before buying the Exasound, connect the NUC, running jRiver, to the MX122 via HDMI. Create an additional multichannel zone, and use the NAS server files for playback.

OK, Himey or Kal, or anybody, you know I take every step cautiously. I happen to have an extra Audio Quest Cinnamon HDMI. Fortunately the HDMI on NUC is free and I will go to the 1 of the 7 HDMI inputs rear of MX122. I can rename the input later through the MX122 menu. I will likely have to use the McIntosh remote to play as my universal remote was professionally programed.
When I create the additional multichannel zone do I use the already showing MX122 as the new zone? Or is the MX122 the player and the newly created zone will play into the player (MX122)?

When I create the additional multichannel zone do I use the already showing MX122 as the new zone? Or is the MX122 the player and the newly created zone will play into the player (MX122)?
I do not understand. In JRiver, what are the exact titles of the zones to which you are referring and what other options are there? For example, the prepros that I have show up with multiple HDMI and non-HDMI options in JRiver.

OK, Himey or Kal, or anybody, you know I take every step cautiously. I happen to have an extra Audio Quest Cinnamon HDMI. Fortunately the HDMI on NUC is free and I will go to the 1 of the 7 HDMI inputs rear of MX122. I can rename the input later through the MX122 menu. I will likely have to use the McIntosh remote to play as my universal remote was professionally programed.

Just create a new zone called "MX122HDMI 5.1". Now with that playlist highlighted, go into the audio settings and select the MX122 for audio output.

If your settings are correct in the MX122, for multichannel, you should be good.

Tweak the settings in jRiver for the maximum amount of channels you have in your music collection. That will be sent over HDMI to the McIntosh. The settings in the McIntosh should correspond with the amount of speakers you have and any downmixing will be done by the MX122.

The MX122 zone that automatically showed up in jRiver, leads me to believe that you have a network set up with the MX122 and your NAS?

If that is the case, your NAS files is the server and should show up under one of your libraries in jRiver.

Simply select the NAS as a library and MX122 as the playback zone in jRiver. Your files on the NAS server should playback over the network to the MX122 as a renderer.

I looked up the features of the McIntosh MX122 and it doesn't specifically spell out all that it has rendering capability, but for a zone to automatically show up in jRiver, leads me to believe it has the capability.

Having a lot of problems, but hanging in there.
I connected the HDMI from NUC to MX122 in HDMI input Zone 4 and labeled it under settings NUC JRIVER.
I created a new zone in JRiver titled Multichannel.
My stereo zone player is perfect.
I can now play a MCH file and acts as it is playing on the JRiver side but there is no output on the MX122 side. I must not have either the MX122 or the JRiver settings correct.
Getting close.

Having a lot of problems, but hanging in there.
I connected the HDMI from NUC to MX122 in HDMI input Zone 4 and labeled it under settings NUC JRIVER.
I created a new zone in JRiver titled Multichannel.
My stereo zone player is perfect.
I can now play a MCH file and acts as it is playing on the JRiver side but there is no output on the MX122 side. I must not have either the MX122 or the JRiver settings correct.
Getting close.

Once you have connected the HDMI cable, the MX122 should show up in Audio Device settings in jRiver. Choose MX122 (WASAPI). Make sure you have the multichannel zone highlighted when doing so.

Back