SACD to ISO with Oppo & Pioneer BD players!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would learn the exact art of extracting the various audio streams from the ISOs, and labeling them correctly. like: 6-Chan 24/96, 2-Chan 16/44, 2-chan. etc.

Yes, you are correct. I have a real good system, I do this.
Rip SACD, before I put into NAS I rename the file, for instance, Eat A Peach 5.1, then I move it over to the artist file, The Allman Brothers Band, now it is in the NAS. Then I add to the JRiver library, I do the same with the album title, Eat A Peach 5.1. Then when I am looking at the library I can instantly tell what is MCH and what is not. Also in the top right of JRiver, search box, I can type 5.1 and all my 5.1 albums come up, same for 4.0 and 3.0, super simple and easy.
Some titles like the Audio Fidelity series have silver jackets for MCH and gold jackets for stereo. I just went into HRAudio.net and grabbed all the thumbnails, and changed the cover art, super simple. At least for SACD, ithought I would be finished ripping SACD this weekend but likes like I have about 50 more to go, so we will see.
I plan on asking others after I read the threads on DVD and Blu Ray ripping, I got this.

Also in the top right of JRiver, search box, I can type 5.1 and all my 5.1 albums come up, same for 4.0 and 3.0, super simple and easy.
I have set up "Views" which are descriptively titled and appear in the "Audio" menu on the left. Some are "Non-classical Stereo," "Classical Stereo," "Classical Multichannel," etc. That way I can just click instead of type to see a category. You can be more discrete (!) and have "Pop, 4.0," "Rock, 5.1," "Classical, 3.0," etc. Just a thought.

No disc drives on my laptop/PC. I did purchase awhile ago and have never used it, called LG Ultra Slim Portable DVD Writer, would that work?
With DVD-Audio or DVD-Video only. You would need to upgrade to an external blu-ray drive. Then you're covered for both DVD & Blu-rays.....and CD's for that matter if you feel like ripping any of those.

With DVD-Audio or DVD-Video only. You would need to upgrade to an external blu-ray drive. Then you're covered for both DVD & Blu-rays.....and CD's for that matter if you feel like ripping any of those.

Correct, the OPPO only good for ripping SACD. Sounds like I need to purchase an external Blu Ray player, USB connected to my laptop? Then I can rip DVD A and BD A, right? Any brands you might recommend? I can go to Best Buy or better yet order via Amazon.

Correct, the OPPO only good for ripping SACD. Sounds like I need to purchase an external Blu Ray player, USB connected to my laptop? Then I can rip DVD A and BD A, right? Any brands you might recommend? I can go to Best Buy or better yet order via Amazon.
Yep, USB to laptop. Brands? I dunno. I've only had 1 brand/model and it's served me very well. I don't know if it's even being sold anymore.
Pioneer BDR-XD05B

Oh brother, those Vocalion SACD rips are a pain in the ass as it rips the one disc as one, but really two albums that need to separated and tagged, actually not that big of a deal, just takes time, good project for me at 6am when my wife is asleep tomorrow and I'm getting ready for football.

Oh brother, those Vocalion SACD rips are a pain in the ass as it rips the one disc as one, but really two albums that need to separated and tagged, actually not that big of a deal, just takes time, good project for me at 6am when my wife is asleep tomorrow and I'm getting ready for football.

A trick on the Vocalion SACD two-fers. If you tag the album file so that the say tracks 1 - 8 have the first album name and tracks 9-16 have the second album name, they will show up as separate entries in JRiver.
That's how I speed the SACD to DSD process along here.

Yes, you are correct. I have a real good system, I do this.
Rip SACD, before I put into NAS I rename the file, for instance, Eat A Peach 5.1, then I move it over to the artist file, The Allman Brothers Band, now it is in the NAS. Then I add to the JRiver library, I do the same with the album title, Eat A Peach 5.1. Then when I am looking at the library I can instantly tell what is MCH and what is not. Also in the top right of JRiver, search box, I can type 5.1 and all my 5.1 albums come up, same for 4.0 and 3.0, super simple and easy.
Some titles like the Audio Fidelity series have silver jackets for MCH and gold jackets for stereo. I just went into HRAudio.net and grabbed all the thumbnails, and changed the cover art, super simple. At least for SACD, ithought I would be finished ripping SACD this weekend but likes like I have about 50 more to go, so we will see.
I plan on asking others after I read the threads on DVD and Blu Ray ripping, I got this.
Sounds great! Then this is what you can also do if you like, you can encode the various streams into FLAC for JRiver. It works great except for DSD or dsf. files, they do not encode to FLAC afaik. Saves a lot of space for these larger file types.

Sounds great! Then this is what you can also do if you like, you can encode the various streams into FLAC for JRiver. It works great except for DSD or dsf. files, they do not encode to FLAC afaik. Saves a lot of space for these larger file types.

And you can play the files in DSD with JRiver. Sounds great! :)

Yes, JRiver can encode DSD/DSF into FLAC by file conversion or, as Brian notes, on the fly.

Yes, JRiver can encode DSD/DSF into FLAC by file conversion or, as Brian notes, on the fly.
Which post # is that where Brian notes encoding DSD/DSF into FLAC? Is it in previous post? In post # 544 he only mentions playing the files back in JRiver, not FLAC encoding them. But I did not read all 600 posts in this thread, so it's likely in there somewhere.

Which post # is that where Brian notes encoding DSD/DSF into FLAC? Is it in previous post? In post # 544 he only mentions playing the files back in JRiver, not FLAC encoding them. But I did not read all 600 posts in this thread, so it's likely in there somewhere.
Nor did I. But, to be clear, here is what I was intending to say:
1. One can play DSD/DSF files in JRiver.
2. One can turn off bit-streaming and play DSD/DFF as PCM on-the-fly and, although they are not FLAC, they are encoded into PCM as if they had been.
3. One can actually convert/encode DSD/DFF files into FLAC (PCM), store them as such and play them as PCM.

Wow, drinking tonight and I have 21 SACD's to rip, too much for one night but definitely by Sunday I'll have finished. I have been ripping SACD every night for two months, very few tagging errors, but this last batch has all my Vocalion and there is separating/tagging to do, it's very simple but takes a little extra time.

Wow, drinking tonight and I have 21 SACD's to rip, too much for one night but definitely by Sunday I'll have finished. I have been ripping SACD every night for two months, very few tagging errors, but this last batch has all my Vocalion and there is separating/tagging to do, it's very simple but takes a little extra time.
You've come a LONG way my good man. Sounds like you're doing great.

Back