SACD to ISO with Oppo & Pioneer BD players!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the horse's mouth (sorry, Bogi):
New version ISO2DSF v1.2.2 contains the following changes:
  • Added support for language specific characters in metadata. ID3v2 tags are now coded in Unicode.
  • Improved readability of created album folder name and DSF track file names, if they contain language specific characters.
  • Improved displaying language specific characters in the Command Prompt window.
  • Only standard ASCII characters are now allowed in the path to iso2dsf.exe and the path to ISO file. This handling was added, because sacd_extract doesn't support non-ascii characters in ISO path.
Download: https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B1IZPbDClIn6dW9nNVNiRjNNT1k

Stream to HQPlayer Desktop from foobar2000
SendToHQP v1.04 - Manage HQPlayer playlist from Foobar2000
ISO2DSF v1.2.2 - SACD ISO to DFF to DSF via context menu
DFF2DSF v1.1.0 - context menu interface to dff2dsf from Miska (Signalyst)

Is there any way to output as one long dsf file and cue directly with ISO2DSF? I have a two step method in conjunction with Sonore but just trying to streamline the process. Thanks.

Is there any way to output as one long dsf file and cue directly with ISO2DSF? I have a two step method in conjunction with Sonore but just trying to streamline the process. Thanks.
I have no idea. Never use cue files. No need. (Actually, tried it once with DFF just as an experiment.)

It can be done in one step through Sonore ISO2DSD. Simply select "DSDIFF Edit Master" and mark the checkbox for "CUE Sheet."

That is what I do with the additional step to DSF (dff2dsf). I have had better luck with DSF and would rather have them all .dsf rather than mixing .dsf and .dff. You also have to change one letter in the cue file. Don't make the rookie mistake of not checking the Convert DST to DSD box in Sonore.

That is what I do with the additional step to DSF (dff2dsf). I have had better luck with DSF and would rather have them all .dsf rather than mixing .dsf and .dff. You also have to change one letter in the cue file. Don't make the rookie mistake of not checking the Convert DST to DSD box in Sonore.
As far as I'm aware, the only advantage DSF has over DFF is metadata. Since you're storing the metadata in a cue sheet, what's the point of converting to DSF?

I am a bit confused. I thought the extract_sacd command ( Sonore tool) has the ability to directly covert to a dsf and cue file directly from the .ISO files. I remember trying it. I simply settled at converting to uncompressed dff and cue files.

I am a bit confused. I thought the extract_sacd command ( Sonore tool) has the ability to directly covert to a dsf and cue file directly from the .ISO files. I remember trying it. I simply settled at converting to uncompressed dff and cue files.

Not that I can find. That is why I asked.

My conversion from DFF to DSF per the instructions Kal gave has been flawless and easy, getting the metadata with DSF really is a time saver, even though it's not perfect every single disc. It takes about 15mins from start to finish to rip SACD stereo, and check it, make sure all is good, etc. Listening to DFF vs DSF I hear no difference and my external DAC reads both the same. My issue now is the JRiver software seems to be more tempermental because some discs imported from my external harddrive I don't get all the tracks, like 1-4567, etc. Also the track times are not showing up anymore, doesn't effect playback but they where there before, wonder if I accidentally touched something.

What is your specific issue with a DSDIFF Edit Master with a CUE sheet? Does your software/hardware of choice not play well with it?

DSF is more compatible with the software I have used and you can add embedded artwork. Also I would rather use just one extension rather than mixing both dff and dsf. There is no difference between the two other than header info so it isn't a quality thing just preference based on the advantages of dsf and I already had a few dsf's in the collection.

Scroll down the list of albums to "Unassigned." That is usually where I find the missing tracks.
Yes, Kal, you are correct, the unassigned folder/thumbnail usually comes up right away in Recents after an import, and I do scroll down occasionally to see if it became more populated.
As I was driving today, I had a thought that I checked the box on import to Analyze Files on import, I think I am going to uncheck that box and see what happens, because it was not doing it at all before I did that. Also I noticed that when JRiver self imports automatic during the day, things come out better. Maybe the forced auto import or file only import is not as good?, I don't know I'm just talking out loud basically.
BTW, nice article in Stereophile, cut out your ripping section for go to info in case I get in trouble.

I'm in ripping hell for the last two weeks, I had no idea I owned so many stereo only SACD's. If I can rip 20 discs this weekend and still have a life it will be fine. Now that they are are loaded and able to play via laptop or IPad I have to admit it is really nice. Stereo Hybrids, SACD's, SHM's oh brother, then there will be my world of MCH= DTS, SACD, DVD-A, BD-A, I was doing fine when I stayed away from QQ for a couple months. This will take forever, 9 new discs arrived this week.

Reactions: GOS
Also I noticed that when JRiver self imports automatic during the day, things come out better. Maybe the forced auto import or file only import is not as good?, I don't know I'm just talking out loud basically.
I doubt it. I never let JRiver import anything automatically and always use the forced input by directory. That way, I know when/what is being imported and can deal with any issues then and there. With auto-import, I don't discover errors until.....................................?

I came across a few discs that are 24/96 DAD. Do these rip with the OPPO under the SACD protocol or as simple FLAC CD rips?
I also came across some SACD 3 channel, would these be considered a MCH rip?

Back