• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not request or offer for sale or trade copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Saint Patrick's Day!!!

DuncanS

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Well Ireland won the Grand Slam in the Rugby today, and my home nation Scotland (barely) beat Italy, so I might have a pint (or two) of Guinness later (I miss the Brew smilies!), then again I might stick to my usual few pints of Otter Ale!

humprof

Fisherman's pie and some local stout with friends, plus Moondance in 5.1? (Meanwhile, the kids may watch Errol Morris's A Brief HIstory of Time. upstairs.)

Anybody know of any good trad (or neo-trad) Irish music in surround? No Clancy Brothers, please...

Last edited:

humprof

Frogmort

700 Club - QQ All Star
Happy St. Paddy's day everyone, and an early Happy Birthday to Gos and Spock! :SB

Just got off from work and bought a case of Yuengling Lager pints. On the itinerary for the evening is getting very drunk and stoned in the safety of my home theater/listening room while cranking some great surround albums! Cheers!!! :LB:SB:LB

4-earredwonder

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Little known Irish fact: The tiny hairs on the outer edge of our ears are highly sensitive, serving as curb feelers when we’re drunk in the gutter! Shave them down at your peril.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WOW, Tim, Never heard of Adrian before. Great stuff....just ordered a copy from AmazonUS. Many thanks!:)

timbre4

Moderator on Bass
Staff member
Little known Irish fact: The tiny hairs on the outer edge of our ears are highly sensitive, serving as curb feelers when we’re drunk in the gutter! Shave them down at your peril.

WOW, Tim, Never heard of Adrian before. Great stuff....just ordered a copy from AmazonUS. Many thanks!:)
He’s terrific; we finally saw him play at a guitar museum in Chattanooga about 3 months ago. 30 seats! Longtime fan as my son is as well.