• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

The Official QQ Sales, Vouchers, Coupons and Discount Codes Megathread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Interventions facebook

LIMITED TIME SAVINGS ON FEATURED VINYL and CD/SACDs!

Use the code IRinFALL for 35% off Intervention Record's 180g vinyl releases of Nigel Lived, Stealers Wheel, and I'm The Man AND our CD/SACD releases of Stealers Wheel and Nigel Lived! Hurry up and buy now! Offer good until Friday, September 21st

Shop now at interventionrecords.com

No 5.1, but I have Flying Burrito brothers debut on stereo SACD, great sound, Kevin Gray behind it.

Well, this is not exactly a sale, but it is effectively a discount for any non-resident of the EU:

The German label Audite recently collected the Quartetto di Cremona's series of Beethoven string quartet recordings (SACD 5.0) into an 8-disc box set with a new booklet. (Why didn't they just put them all on a Blu-Ray? Authoring & licensing costs, I suppose.) The standard price from the label is €58.90--already much cheaper than Amazon.com (though not Amazon.de) and considerably cheaper than Presto Classical. Now here's the good part: for orders outside the EU, they deduct VAT, which brings the base price down to €49.50. Shipping is a bit dear, but even so, the total (to the US) is €61.65. (Alternatively, you can download the entire set in 44.1kHz/24-bit 5.0 FLAC, with a PDF copy of the booklet, for €47.89.)

I've heard 3 of the 8 volumes and I think they're excellent. Lively and sometimes unorthodox performances, with what I'd call an enveloping "chamber surround"--similar to what Morton Lindberg's 2L does.

Edit (P.S.): turns out Amazon.de also deducts VAT for non-EU orders. Who knew? (Probably everyone but me!) Total from Amazon.de, with shipping, is €50.95, currently $61.78. Cheap!
Great to know - I have a few individual issues from the set, but I'd rather have it in a box. Looks like you can get it shipped from Naxos USA for about the same price: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Beethoven-Complete-String-Quartets-New-Music/232811069403

Checked the deal and sadly, it seems not to be working anymore... Originally I've combined it with Holst: Planets and seing Jimi went over the price limit alone I decided to cancel it.
Sooo, it appears the code only works ONCE. Also, on the bill Jimi went to 50.14, so there was probably a tax in the play, too, as the French report it's not working for them. My total was 46 EUR shipped.

On sale in DSD Stereo and DSD Surround Sound (DSD 256, DSD 128, DSD 64) this week through October 5th.
20% Off with code AOTW.

aotw - Navis.png

20% Off DSD Album of the Week!
Into The Woods performed by Ensemble Houthandel on Navis Classics is the album of the week. It features music composed by Leonard Bernstein, Samuel Barber, Robert Muczynski, Malcolm Arnold, and George Gershwin.

The ensemble members tell us "Houthandel is an organization which is based on three pillars: music, musicians and audience. Whatever the program, the ensemble looks for the best possible form and content to create an optimal production. Houthandel uses various forms of expression to play for and with its listeners, and the result should therefore always be a powerful meeting between music and audience.

Scenography, choreography, and costume are an integral part of the performance, and the musicians also frequently play from memory, which brings a great deal of freedom. This provides flexibility for visualizing the music in a space. Gaining contact and interaction with audiences unencumbered by the physical and mental barriers which can often be thrown up by sheet music on a stand.

The challenge is indeed to create an intimate atmosphere through a studio recording and to minimize the distance between listeners and musicians. We feel that a varied programme supports us in this aim. The repertoire that we chose for Into the Woods will amuse, surprise and fascinate the listener from start to finish."

It's available in Stereo and Multichannel DSD 256, DSD 128 and DSD 64. Listeners can save 20% on the album this week at the NativeDSD Music store through October 5, 2018, when you buy the album with offer code AOTW.

NativeDSD Senior Reviewer Bill Dodd says the album features "Very surprising arrangements that really work. It's amazing how much music 5 people can make!"

https://navisclassics.nativedsd.com/albums/NC15006-into-the-woods

Label-wide sale of all 200+ Channel Classics Stereo & Surround Sound DSD Downloads through October 31, 2018.
Use code CHANNEL at NativeDSD Music to get the savings.

Channel Classics In The Spotlight - Oct 2018.png

15% Off All DSD Albums from Channel Classics!

This month we are proud to name Channel Classics as the Label of the Month at NativeDSD.
You will be able to expand your DSD library with some of the finest DSD releases on the market.

All 225 Channel Classics albums in DSD Stereo and DSD Multichannel are on sale during the month of October at 15% Off when you use the discount code CHANNEL.

This includes 5 of the Top 20 Best Sellers at Native DSD from performers including Rachel Podger and Brecon Baroque, Marcin Swiatkiewicz, Anna Fedorova, Dana Zemtsov with the Estonian National Symphony Orchestra conducted by Daniel Raiskin and the Budapest Festival Orchestra conducted by Iván Fischer.

https://channelclassics.nativedsd.com/
https://www.facebook.com/NativeDsdMusic/photos/a.765908406800903/1947578141967251/?type=3

20% Off the Debut Album of European Rock Group Paper Motion.
Use offer code AOTW through Friday, October 12, 2018, for the savings.

Paper Motion - aotw1.png

20% Off Rock Album in DSD!
Paper Motion - the self-titled debut album from Paper Motion is our Album of the Week.
This Rock album on the TRPTK label was recorded in DXD and is available in Stereo DSD 256, DSD 128, DSD 64, and DXD.

TRPTK is also exploring the possibility of remixing the Paper Motion album in DSD 256 Surround Sound in the future.
While we wait for that, the Stereo edition of the album is on sale for 20% Off when you use the code AOTW at NativeDSD Music through October 12, 2018.

Garmt van der Zel from the European HiFi Store Beter, Beeld & Geluid says
"This album knows how to captivate, nurture and inspire the listener.
There is no bad song on the record and every song has its own unique atmosphere."

https://trptk.nativedsd.com/albums/TTK0006-paper-motion
https://www.facebook.com/NativeDsdMusic/photos/a.765908406800903/1949015721823493/?type=3

Back