• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

The Official QQ Sales, Vouchers, Coupons and Discount Codes Megathread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if this question smacks of a neophyte's ignorance. I really appreciate your posts and your reviews, so I'm inclined to buy the three discs you mention in the first paragraph of this post. My question(s): are these discs multichannel? And if not, what is the aural joy of their format? Thanks for your time and consideration; peace

The Female Vocal 2 SACD discs and the Marshall Crenshaw Disc are all stereo only. I don't have the 2 SACD female vocal set, per se, but I do have 99% of its contents on various SACDs and the sonics are superb. As for the Crenshaw disc, excellent as well but you might want to audition it before committing to a purchase. https://www.allmusic.com/album/marshall-crenshaw-1982-mw0000652036

Last edited:
Sorry if this question smacks of a neophyte's ignorance. I really appreciate your posts and your reviews, so I'm inclined to buy the three discs you mention in the first paragraph of this post. My question(s): are these discs multichannel? And if not, what is the aural joy of their format? Thanks for your time and consideration; peace

None of those are multichannel....let me break this down by each selection...the double SACD title with female vocals is a unique offering with female voices...each one considered "demo" quality...I have some of these songs on other discs...but not all together....the appeal is the superb audio quality of these songs...a lot of these songs are often played at trade shows to demonstrate high end audio equipment...and the songs themselves are quite good...IMO...

The other 2 I mentioned require only a simple explanation....I like Miles Davis and I don't have this one....and I'm curious about the Marshall Crenshaw title because forum legend Snood liked it....and I don't have that one either....keep in mind that when I mention titles with a promo code.... I like to give examples that take the reader to the actual site so they can look around....and it's easier for them if they have an example of what's available...an example or 2...

None of those are multichannel....let me break this down by each selection...the double SACD title with female vocals is a unique offering with female voices...each one considered "demo" quality...I have some of these songs on other discs...but not all together....the appeal is the superb audio quality of these songs...a lot of these songs are often played at trade shows to demonstrate high end audio equipment...and the songs themselves are quite good...IMO...

The other 2 I mentioned require only a simple explanation....I like Miles Davis and I don't have this one....and I'm curious about the Marshall Crenshaw title because forum legend Snood liked it....and I don't have that one either....keep in mind that when I mention titles with a promo code.... I like to give examples that take the reader to the actual site so they can look around....and it's easier for them if they have an example of what's available...an example or 2...
Thanks all! I was wondering because I own the Crenshaw and Davis CDs--Crenshaw is a great debut and I (believe I) have fond memories of Crenshaw opening for the Stray Cats in December of 1982 (he was the reason I went to the show and his set was head and shoulders above the headliner's); Porgey and Bess is one of those "must own" cds (imo) for anyone interested in jazz.

I appreciate the links you add and they mos def have me scouring the sites. Thanks for all the feedback; peace

Such a bargain @ AmazonUS https://www.amazon.com/Guns-N-Roses...65953&creativeASIN=B07CPCFV4Z&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

A1l34BRj-3L._SL1500_.jpg

Back