• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

The Official QQ Sales, Vouchers, Coupons and Discount Codes Megathread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A sale on Ivan Fischer's 25 albums in DSD Stereo and DSD Surround Sound through June 18, 2018.
In celebration of the early release (3 weeks early) of his latest album in DSD Stereo and DSD Surround Sound (up to DSD 256).
Fischer Sale and New Release.jpg

Iván Fischer’s 26th DSD Album has just arrived at NativeDSD Music, 3 weeks prior to its official release date! As an admirer and supporter of the DSD recording format, we are sure that he is happy to give you – DSD Listeners – a 3-week head start on listening to Mendelssohn: Overture & Incidental Music to A Midsummer Night’s Dream. He said in an interview:

“It was a revelation for me when we first experimented with DSD, it really makes a difference. Actually, it is since then that I like recorded music. And not just me, but certainly also the members of the Budapest Festival Orchestra are inspired by the visionary and dedicated way Jared Sacks records.”

We celebrate the new DSD Release with a 10% discount on his 25 earlier DSD Albums.
code: SPOTLIGHT
valid through June 18th, 2018

Enjoy!

http://blog.nativedsd.com/ivan-fischer-in-the-spotlight/

For classical lovers......Karl Böhm conducting the Berliner Philarmoniker Orchestra: The Complete Mozart Symphonies [47 works in all] on one BD~A Stereo 192/24 and 10 RBCDs, boxed https://www.hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=13078#works

AmazonUS pre~order Price: $32.48! [AmazonUK price: £46.26=$61.86US]] Use hraudio.net LINK provided

Release Date: July 20, 2018

Last edited:
For classical lovers......Karl Böhm conducting the Berliner Philarmoniker Orchestra: The Complete Mozart Symphonies [47 works in all] on one BD~A Stereo 192/24 and 10 RBCDs, boxed https://www.hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=13078#works

AmazonUS pre~order Price: $32.48! [AmazonUK price: £46.26=$61.86US]] Use hraudio.net LINK provided

Release Date: July 20, 2018
It's probably a pricing error, but I suspect they'll honor it. Ordered.

It's probably a pricing error, but I suspect they'll honor it. Ordered.

I didn't want to speculate as such but it's Amazon and doubtful they'll feel the pinch.

Wish they'd release some of those Phase 4 treasures on BD~A, as well. Still difficult to reconcile how much music a single BD~A can accommodate especially at 192/24 resolution!

Such a waste putting a single album on a BD~A disco_O

Last edited:
I didn't want to speculate as such but it's Amazon and doubtful they'll feel the pinch.

The US price appears to be correct once you look at the Canadian price HERE..but of course amazon's description leaves a lot to be desired...it lists 1 disc in the description....but the photographs of the set indicates more(10+1)

The US price appears to be correct once you look at the Canadian price HERE..but of course amazon's description leaves a lot to be desired...it lists 1 disc in the description....but the photographs of the set indicates more(10+1)

Amazon has a similar set which consists of 3 RBCDs and 1 BD~A for $20. 10 RBCDs and 1 BD~A should be priced at around $60~70 [AmazonUK's price]

Clint, Time for some classical music in your life.....and all that jazz! :SB Goes particularly well with morning coffee:coffee:

Amazon has a similar set which consists of 3 RBCDs and 1 BD~A for $20. 10 RBCDs and 1 BD~A should be priced at around $60~70 [AmazonUK's price]

Clint, Time for some classical music in your life.....and all that jazz! :SB Goes particularly well with morning coffee:coffee:

Ralphie...buying those CDs isn't like you are grocery shopping...it doesn't work that way:whistle:...IMO it's just regional pricing differences....happens both ways...sometimes it's cheaper in the UK...sometimes it's cheaper in the US...and in this case Canada is the tie breaker(y)

Ralphie...buying those CDs isn't like you are grocery shopping...it doesn't work that way:whistle:...IMO it's just regional pricing differences....happens both ways...sometimes it's cheaper in the UK...sometimes it's cheaper in the US...and in this case Canada is the tie breaker(y)

Apparently, Amazon US and Canada have it erroneously listed as containing 10 CDs [omitting the BD~A] which is how they priced it. I've purchased quite a few of these Classical Decca/DGG sets and I can confidently say, it should be much higher. I pre~ordered it. Cannot have enough Amadeus in one's life. Whether AmazonUS honors the pre~order pricing is another issue. And they're all German Imports.

Example: https://www.amazon.com/Beethoven-Pi..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=WYTWWWE9X3XPVCKFMRXX

If you notice, AmazonUS omitted the BD~A from the listing [they have it listed as 3 RBCDs].

Last edited:
Apparently, Amazon US and Canada have it erroneously listed as containing 10 CDs [omitting the BD~A] which is how they priced it. I've purchased quite a few of these Classical Decca/DGG sets and I can confidently say, it should be much higher. I pre~ordered it. Cannot have enough Amadeus in one's life. Whether AmazonUS honors the pre~order pricing is another issue. And they're all German Imports.

Example: https://www.amazon.com/Beethoven-Pi..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=WYTWWWE9X3XPVCKFMRXX

If you notice, AmazonUS omitted the BD~A from the listing [they have it listed as 3 RBCDs].

There are some certainties in life...and one of them is that amazon will make mistakes in their listings...as sure as the sun will shine...descriptive mistakes will continue to flow thru the amazon landscape...so is the mistake the price or the content...only the shadow knows..I can't tell you how many times I have seen the word DVD and Blu Ray in the same item description...when only 1 version was offered...

There are some certainties in life...and one of them is that amazon will make mistakes in their listings...as sure as the sun will shine...descriptive mistakes will continue to flow thru the amazon landscape...so is the mistake the price or the content...only the shadow knows..I can't tell you how many times I have seen the word DVD and Blu Ray in the same item description...when only 1 version was offered...

All I'm certain of Clint is that with my late afternoon/early evening coffee I'll relax with 7+ non stop hours of Böhm's magnificent rendering of Mozart's symphonies for the bargain basement price of $32.48 and use the RBCDs for coasters as coffee cups do leave a residue. BTW, the set comes with a 60 page booklet, as well.....in German and English!

And how many times has Amazon referred to DTS RBCDs as DVD~Audio and listed BD~Vs as DVDs and vice versa.........let me count the ways.........but all is forgiven as where would the world be without Amazon.com with Captain Jeff Bezos at the helm?:QQlove Waiting in line at CVS, Walmart, Target and Best Buy?:geek: Or slumming it at Neiman Marcus, Tiffanys, Cartier and Saks Fifth Avenue..........

Last edited:
Must becoming a trend, Clint, as a lot of the SACD titles I want are NOT ELIGIBLE FOR FURTHER DISCOUNTS.

I have no idea what you want...but I see quite a few I would buy if I didn't already have them..PLUS...acoustic sounds doesn't allow you to discount pre orders and Music Direct does...like the Hendrix titles and Parsley Sage Rosemary and Thyme...which is $29.98 with no discount possible on Acoustic Sounds and is $23.99 with the 20% discount on Music Direct...

I have no idea what you want...but I see quite a few I would buy if I didn't already have them..PLUS...acoustic sounds doesn't allow you to discount pre orders and Music Direct does...like the Hendrix titles and Parsley Sage Rosemary and Thyme...which is $29.98 with no discount possible on Acoustic Sounds and is $23.99 with the 20% discount on Music Direct...

Honestly, I have all the MoFi discs that I want at present and have the two Hendrix SACDs and S&G on pre~order from a previous 20% off sale.

Suddenly that 10 RBCD/1 BD~A DGG Mozart Set for $32.95 [$3 more than a SINGLE AP/MoFi Stereo SACD] looks more and more appetizing.

And methinks, Clinty, as MoFi/AP order fewer and fewer SACD pressings, we'll be seeing a lot more Not Eligible for further discount products. The Glory days are OVER!:(

And with Audio Fidelity out of the picture and relative newcomer Intervention Records doing a few STEREO SACDs per year, I fear a Monopoly might be brewing!

Last edited:
Music Direct Sale with promo code DAD20....get 20% off eligible titles....here...it only takes $49 to get free shipping

Acoustics Sounds and Elusive Disc are trying to keep up with the Music Direct 20% sale....they are offering 15% at both places ...Acoustic Sounds promo 15PERCENT... Elusive Disc SAVE15...

Reactions: GOS
Does anyone have the new MoFi SACD version of Breakfast In America? Is it really the best version yet to come out on any digital format?
I won't get the SACD as I've the BD Pure Audio version of "Breakfast In America" and very happy with it, and the BD of "Crime Of The Century".

Back