Sansui QRX 5500 AM-FM Issues

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AudioJoe

Hello.,

I ned help plssss. I have a Sansui QRX 5500 working fine comes on ok all good but AM-FM Im getting a hass sound only on music on radio.I have checked on th tuner board F-1479 ad TR13 TR14 good transistors R5 ad TR16 good transistors.

I did a signal Trace wth my Heathkit IT-12 Im getting radio music AM on diode D07 and Transistor TR26 hi sound coming on from the tracer.
I did a signal Trace with my Heathkit IT-12 Im getting radio music FM on transistor TR13 and TR14 very low sound coming from the tracer.

I just can not et his tuner to work thanks Joe.

Both AM and FM have only hiss when normally played , but some signal is found with a tracer at some points on both bands? Something common to both. I'm not looking at a schematic but would need one to fix it, do you have a schematic/service manual? HiFi Engine.com might have one. I'd check low voltages on power supply to later tuner stages, something common to both.

I have the schematic thanks. It was working. I did the power supply new caps all good and it plays Tape Aux all good here nice sound. The problem is the tuner AM FM. I checked on the Tuner TR13 TR14 TR 16 TR 15 Transistors and good. Did a signel trace and hen I touch D07 Diode sound from the AM coming out, for the FM trace TR15 sound coming out its got angry with a :)

On the tuner board F-1479 Im changing all the caps. My query is there is 5 orange caps what do i change them with pls.

Back