Sansui QRX-6001 CD-4 Switched right front and rear output ???

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zmacman

First time post, WHOO HOO. I recently purchased a pristine QRX-6001 that was totally recapped in 2011. Everything works and sounds terrific!, however, when using a CD-4 set up record (from JVC) it reports front right speaker as rear right, and visa versa. I have used this record on my 7001 as well with no issues. The guy I bought it from said he did not have them work the CD-4 circuit because he didn't play vinyl on it anyways. Any suggestions or comments would be very welcome. My first job was working in a Stereo shop back in 1971 that had all the cool Quad systems, Marantz, Sansui, Akai and Pioneer, I was hooked and have had various systems since.

:bump: for Zmac and Welcome to QQ - Glad ya posting :LB

Should be some much smarter techier people than Snood showing up to answer soooooon :SB

I had a similar issue years ago, but it was with a 4DD-5 into my receiver. I seem to remember having to check my cartridge wiring. It was either that my headshell was reversed on one channel, or I was having capacitance issues with the RCA cables from my tone arm. I do have a question though, do you have more than one CD4 set up disc? I ask because I found that they are not equal and I had to stop using one of them that came with the 4DD-5. I now only use a 12" set up record slash sampler from Victor. I do have an assortment of 7" set up discs and one LP on WEA and one more LP that I can not remember right now. Somewhere in the bowels of QQ threads is a report of a JVC set up disc that was reissued due to problems of channel output. I do not remember the record number. And NEVER feel guilty of being a voyeur around these parts, that is how you learn. Then when you have questions that aren't answered yet, the next voyeur can read the answer.

I agree with Circular Vibes. It could be the set-up disk. I had the same issue with my JVC disk. It doesn't make sense that some would be like that, but I have several disks and they are not all the same … even though they should be. The other thing to watch is that some are 45 RPM. I almost never use that speed, and set-up disks give some crazy results when you play them at the wrong speed. Keep in mind that these are just test tones, and the wrong playback speed might not be immediately obvious.

Last edited:
Yeah, this is an LP that I used checking my 7001 when I set it up and it was right. When I used it with the 6001 it is switched, I will try another set up record, but I don't think the record is the issue. Thanks for the responses so far!

Back