Sansui QRX 9001 phono input load

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The specs on this unit say it has a 50k input load, but when I measure the resistance at the phono input I get 147.4k and a 147.9k ohms. I looked at the CD4 board and it has a 150k resistor across the the phono input. The three cartridges I have all require a 100k load. Now if I change the 150k to a 100k resistor(that would make it 100k at the phono input)would that put it into specs for my cartridges or is there another resistor I need to change also? Thanks for any help and advise!!!!

Hello! Quick non-answer here (which may be wrong, I don't have the math skills to back this up): Impedance is not the same as resistance, although both are expressed in ohms. DC resistance read by an ohmmeter may be lower or higher than the actual impedance.

I have not got CD-4 right yet, but close. Using the alignment guide that came with the AT440MLa made the biggest improvement so far. Having very clean records gets closer. My RCA cables have been replaced, however, and I doubt they are as good as original. Going to put some low capacitance cables on it when I get back to tweaking.

Back