Sansui QRX 9001 Repair/Restore in Raleigh NC Area

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmann68

Hello All,

Giving strong consideration to the QRX Restore full restoration service but, I can't lie, the price tag is pretty steep on that. Have read some very, very good reviews on their work, though, so it may very well happen. In the meantime, I am wondering if anybody knows of anyone who might work on QRX units anywhere around NC (even surrounding states). My QRX 9001 sounds great in one or two modes, but is suffering from the usual dropping channels problems. Anyway, anyone know of anybody? Thanks a lot.

Hello All,

Giving strong consideration to the QRX Restore full restoration service but, I can't lie, the price tag is pretty steep on that. Have read some very, very good reviews on their work, though, so it may very well happen. In the meantime, I am wondering if anybody knows of anyone who might work on QRX units anywhere around NC (even surrounding states). My QRX 9001 sounds great in one or two modes, but is suffering from the usual dropping channels problems. Anyway, anyone know of anybody? Thanks a lot.

Do the channels come back when you crank the volume? If so replace the protection relay.

The one for my QRX-7001 was:

Sansui P/N 1150101
Original Omron P/N MY4-02-US-24DC (FSM says something different, but I'm looking at the Elektrotanya copy and it's not great, looks like MY4-00?-?4)
Current Omron P/N MY4-02 DC24

Check your FSM and if it's the same part number there you go.

You can also try deoxiting all the controls, that may be part of the problem as well.

good luck!

Hi. mmann68

Yes it can be very expensive to restore these units I bought a QRX 80001 unit about 5 years ago and sent my unit to Jim Showker how was a member of QQ his web site is ( www.qrxrestore.com ) have a look at his web site he give a costing list of how much it will cost that will give you an idea. But he lives in Oregon its hard to find a local technician to take on these units
I had no regrets in spending the money to fully restore my unit.
And I had him install a remote control on it as well, which only came on the QRX550 unit I think it was that unit, you have to have one of these QBL-100 remote units for him to do it.

Hello All,

Last edited:
Forgot to add, if my suggestions don't work, I've read that the 9001 uses a double sided tone board with pass throughs that need to be pinned and soldered. That sounds like a project...

Back