Show us your gear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sjcorne...Now why would I want to do that? Every tape, including stereo, has the records, CD's and/or prerecorded tapes to back them up. If one of my tapes goes bad I just re-record onto another tape. Most of my tapes are Maxell with a few Sony SLH 550. Besides my computer is in another room at the opposite end of the house. I have way over 100 7" reels with 4 to 8 stereo albums per tape and over 100 recorded Quadraphonic tapes from records. And another "besides". I'll be 76 in two months and with two horses, 2 dogs and a wife I just don't have the time. OK?

Attachments

• DSCF5443 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF5443 (Medium).JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 195
  • DSCF5445 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF5445 (Medium).JPG
    88 KB · Views: 188
  • DSCF5446 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF5446 (Medium).JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 195
sjcorne...Now why would I want to do that? Every tape, including stereo, has the records, CD's and/or prerecorded tapes to back them up. If one of my tapes goes bad I just re-record onto another tape. Most of my tapes are Maxell with a few Sony SLH 550. Besides my computer is in another room at the opposite end of the house. I have way over 100 7" reels with 4 to 8 stereo albums per tape and over 100 recorded Quadraphonic tapes from records. And another "besides". I'll be 76 in two months and with two horses, 2 dogs and a wife I just don't have the time. OK?

Was just a friendly suggestion...

Finally some new seating, picked this pair up for a good price this morning. Delivery is Saturday, can hardly wait to sit in the sweet spot! I'm guessing everything will sound better if my ass is happy. :giggle:

View attachment 35938
I wanted similar seating, but neither person can be in the sweet spot if that combo is centered in the room.

I wanted similar seating, but neither person can be in the sweet spot if that combo is centered in the room.
My room is odd, the sweet spot is the right hand seat when sitting, the Mrs. or whoever (not me:)) will be in the left seat. The 3 arms all have storage and with the cup holders/rotating tables I'm able to get rid of ottomans and side tables which I'm pretty happy about.

Finally some new seating, picked this pair up for a good price this morning. Delivery is Saturday, can hardly wait to sit in the sweet spot! I'm guessing everything will sound better if my ass is happy. :giggle:
Maybe it's me, but I've found that headrests like those block the sound from the back channels. I haven't found a reasonable answer so far, but my dentist's chair has a headrest that cradles my head but isn't 30" wide. ;0)

Seats arrived today, I'm pretty pleased so far. I run most things from a Harmony 650, but the other remotes AND caddy all fit in the centre console which was a bonus. Sound is a bit better, I have 4 tower speakers and now I'm sitting higher so the tweeters aren't shooting over my head. And now my eyes are centre screen on the display, another bonus. Two pivoting side tables for eating/iPadding that store in the outer arms when not in use. Petey was kind enough to give me the sweet spot, listening to a little Gaucho on SACD....:)

fullsizeoutput_83c.jpeg

Maybe it's me, but I've found that headrests like those block the sound from the back channels. I haven't found a reasonable answer so far, but my dentist's chair has a headrest that cradles my head but isn't 30" wide. ;0)

I have a 7.2 with the rears in the ceiling above my head. While not blocking the sound, wish they were a bit further back. Oh well, mine is more family room than HT so that's the compromises we make sometimes.

I have a 7.2 with the rears in the ceiling above my head. While not blocking the sound, wish they were a bit further back. Oh well, mine is more family room than HT so that's the compromises we make sometimes.
That's the thing, isn't it. There's always a compromise.

Right now, I'm between houses, having moved from Virginia to Idaho a couple of months back for retirement. My wife and I are looking at houses, and while we know we won't find the perfect place, I have a few requirements for my HT, as well as a computer lab, woodshop and a place to work on cars. I expect to modify the heck out of anything we get, but, as I noted, there will be compromises. If I could just get the center channel to sound good from the middle of the TV screen...

Office Quad QQ.JPG

This is the vintage quadraphonic system in my home office. From top to bottom, left stand then right:

Dual 704 Turntable, with a Nagaoka MP15 for stereo LPs and an Audio Technica AT14S for CD-4 quad LPs;
Rega Fono MM Phono Preamp and JVC 4DD-5 CD-4 Disc Demodulator;
Sony DVP-NS3100ES Multichannel DVD/SACD Player;
Sansui QRX-7001 Quadraphonic Receiver (Recapped);
Koss K/2+2 Quadraphonic Headphones;
TEAC A-2340SX Four-Channel Reel to Reel Tape Deck;
Two DBX NX-40 Noise Reduction Units;
Zektor HDS4.1 Mulitichannel Switcher and Belkin PureAV PF30 Power Console (Behind the Tape Deck);
Canton Quinto 510 Speakers.

Back