Since you were born...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. I'm in the top 6 or 7 percentile in age that goes to that site. In other words, most are younger.
My birth was closer to the completion of the Statue of Liberty (1886) than my current age. :unsure:
Ha! My birthday is today and it tells me that the day I was born is nearer to "April 9th, 1865: Robert E. Lee surrenders to Ulysses S. Grant" than to today!

OTOH, I feel absolutely no greater association with my actual age today than I have at any other time in my life.

Ha! My birthday is today and it tells me that the day I was born is nearer to "April 9th, 1865: Robert E. Lee surrenders to Ulysses S. Grant" than to today!

OTOH, I feel absolutely no greater association with my actual age today than I have at any other time in my life.

But look at all the other great wars you've actually experienced in your lifetime: SQ vs. QS vs. CD4; Beta vs. VHS; SACD vs. DVD-A; and now MQA vs. um, um, ummmm...oh yeah, vs. itself.

But look at all the other great wars you've actually experienced in your lifetime: SQ vs. QS vs. CD4; Beta vs. VHS; SACD vs. DVD-A; and now MQA vs. um, um, ummmm...oh yeah, vs. itself.
And, much like most wars, they accomplished little.
I've given up on waiting for the day when I feel like an adult.
I think of myself as neotenic, perhaps because I remained in an academic environment for almost all of my life.

And, much like most wars, they accomplished little.

I think of myself as neotenic, perhaps because I remained in an academic environment for almost all of my life.

Neotenic?

fca10a5b09fac16dee942b5c41bccded.jpg

Sense when does a period (.) make a plus (+) sign? You must practice "funny math" 4-earredwonder. You even spell funny. Two rs?

Sense when does a period (.) make a plus (+) sign? You must practice "funny math" 4-earredwonder. You even spell funny. Two rs?

Just remember Bushmaster ..... A students become teachers and C students become executives! So there!

FYI, 5 speakers + one subwoofer [.1 LFE] for 6 ears. One is able to both hear and feel bass.

I'm well aware eared is spelled with one 'r....' I did it for emphasis. And who deemed poster's names had to be politically correct???

Now back to our regularly scheduled program........

mexican-axolotl.jpg

Last edited:
Since I was born in 1951:

- My father worked on the NTSC color TV standard.
- The Interstate Highway system was created.
- The first satellite was launched.
- Stereo records were introduced.
- The first man in space.
- President Kennedy was assassinated
- Quadraphonic sound appeared
- We landed on the moon
- Quadraphonic records appeared
- The first quadraphonic movie - Tommy
- The first Dolby Stereo movie - Star Wars
- Loss of standards with digital TV and audio - chaos.
- The 9-11 attacks

Legend has it that his spirit reincarnated in a baby born under the sign of Virgo in mid-Septemer, 1977?! Wise surround-enthusiasts would snatch up any recordings from such artists!
That's like a coincidence-I just heard this wild story of some famous fake their deaths to increase the value, get the law off them, and just retire with complete peace. Some people go to extreme's to uncover this idea. As for me? I have a tendency to accept it. In my mind, it is a solution to many problems. Example - MJ. one fell swoop and all his problems are over. He already has tons of cash. I'm a conspiracy believer.
Elvis? He was getting old and he was sick of the attention.
At least the KING didn't choke on a HAM sandwich .... like poor MaMa Cass did!
"and-everybody gettin fat cept mamma cass"

Since I was born in 1951:

- My father worked on the NTSC color TV standard.
- The Interstate Highway system was created.
- The first satellite was launched.
- Stereo records were introduced.
- The first man in space.
- President Kennedy was assassinated
- Quadraphonic sound appeared
- We landed on the moon
- Quadraphonic records appeared
- The first quadraphonic movie - Tommy
- The first Dolby Stereo movie - Star Wars
- Loss of standards with digital TV and audio - chaos.
- The 9-11 attacks
you too are my age its lotta fun. Everything hurts, Girls, don't look at you anymore if they do, its to figure out if you are an alien or what, and one good thing, the senior discount. I'm in the pharmacy the other day and I realize I'm in old fart land, right where I belong.

Back