DVD/DTS Poll Slim Cessna's Auto Club - THE COMMANDMENTS ACCORDING TO SCAC [DTS/DD DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Audio DVD of Slim Cessna's Auto Club - THE COMMANDMENTS ACCORDING TO SCAC

• 9:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7:

• 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2016 release by "Slim Cessna's Auto Club" called "The Commandments According to SCAC", available on a HiRez Audio DVD containing an expanded version of the album in 5.1 Surroud (DTS & DD), Instrumental versions in stereo and 5.1, the original stereo version along with lyrics read by Munly Munly, all wrapped in a cool brown paper bag!!

PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION THREAD: New surround release: Slim Cessna's Auto Club

SCAC Front.jpg
SCAC Back.jpg
SCAC Disc.jpg

Fans of the alt.country sound rejoice here is another great release.
Happy to report an excellent surround mix though I believe us qq'ers had some input so not really surprising.

If you are not sure find the downloads on here and give them a listen.
Happy though to have this limited rather excellent surround mix.
Kudos for releasing it.

I have the regular stereo release of this album, which I enjoyed but wasn't sure it was one of the best SCAC releases. Being a big fan of the band I got the ADVD. The 5.1 surround mix is excellent. I feel that it is an improvement on the stereo album as it moves some parts a little further back in the mix while allowing other parts, that were suppressed in stereo, more space in which to breathe and to be noticed. Now after listening to the 5.1 mix I personally think this is an outstanding record and comparable to the best of SCAC. Now if only the rest of the back catalogue could be given surround mixes........

I have the regular stereo release of this album, which I enjoyed but wasn't sure it was one of the best SCAC releases. Being a big fan of the band I got the ADVD. The 5.1 surround mix is excellent. I feel that it is an improvement on the stereo album as it moves some parts a little further back in the mix while allowing other parts, that were suppressed in stereo, more space in which to breathe and to be noticed. Now after listening to the 5.1 mix I personally think this is an outstanding record and comparable to the best of SCAC. Now if only the rest of the back catalogue could be given surround mixes........

Agreed! :upthumb If they do the whole catalogue in Surround I'll buy the lot :)

Totally overlooked this one last year. A superb mix, really adding to the album. Hard not to vote this a 10.

Back