Smyth Research A16: Modern counterpart of quadraphonic headphones?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are also experiencing cash flow issues, which is why you can jump the line and get a unit in days if you’re willing to pay the full retail price. Just the facts, my friend.

I'm a former CPA and big six auditor. Cash flow "problems" are a dire situation. It's not difficult for most companies to book losses and continue as a going concern, but when cash flow becomes an issue, it's usually the final nail prior to a chapter 11 (or 7) filing. If they can't get things turned around soon, the only place you'll be able to buy an A16 is on eBay, and support will be unobtainable.

Wow... how sad...
I totally agree. Investigate before dropping $4000. As a Kickstarter backer of a proposed project that might never have made it to fulfillment(you can also correctly argue that it still hasn’t made it to fulfillment even though it is at least a partially shipped product) and being out only $800 for a $4000 piece of equipment, I’m not in a position to be too upset. Also, there’s not another product like this available for sale anywhere.

At the start of of a new year...anyone know where Smyth is at with the manufacturing of the A 16? Still Kickstarters, or on to the pre-orders?

At the start of of a new year...anyone know where Smyth is at with the manufacturing of the A 16? Still Kickstarters, or on to the pre-orders?
They are selling them at elevated prices but have bypassed/stiffed some of the people who paid as Kickstarters.

They are most definitely not up to shipping pre-orders as of yet. About two months ago, Kickstarter backer #317 had posted that he had received his unit. Where they stand as of today regarding shipping to backers with higher or lower numbers is anyone’s guess. Also, though there are only 330 backers, the backer numbers run, I believe, into the 370’s. This is because many backers(40 something?) canceled along the way and, rather than delete those numbers, Smyth Research decided instead to keep adding numbers until they reached 330 backers.

Back