Snood Just Bought a New Expensive Box.......

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My ex dragged me to VA one year, I thought I was gonna die from the humidity! How can you guys live in Fla.?? I guess you get used to it, but, I dread summertime! The entire week we were there, all I could do was sit in an A/C room. She dragged me to Busch Gardens and by the time I parked, and walked to the entrance, I was dehydrated.
Well, you have my admiration. I love winter, cold, and snow. So much easier to get warm than cooled off.
You can keep it! I suffer for 3 months up here.

It's a 4700 dollar 4 ton Air Conditioner - complete replacement :eek: Inside Housing Motor Blower Ducts Electrical and piping and thermostat & Outside - evvvvverthing 4668 to be exact which includes labor and all.

About 7 PM last night our 25 year old DInosaur of an AC unit bit the dust - well almost - the compressor went :mad: so that woulda been about 1000 bux, but my buddy across the street who kept this beast going for the last 7 years - said yeah we can replace the compressor, but that is like putting a band aid on a gun shot wound. If something other major goes, ya just waster 1000 bux.

Luckily my buddy neighbor does everything and has his own electrical/AC/everything business used to be the main guy at Snoodville Habitat for Humanity - He does all the work himself.

He is usually backed up a couple months, but since he knows Snood and Momma Snood he postponed a few jobs - and gonna start on it tomorrow. Only thing is it takes him about 4 to 5 days to do it alone.

Luckily Snood bought a couple 8000 btu portable AC units that you vent out a window with a hose last year after the hurricane - spent about 3 hours getting those set up today - so Momma Snood and Snood rooms are comfy :hi

The Hi today was 87 and rest of the house felt like it:cry:(that's sweat) next 5 days not so bad Highs 83 83 80 78 82 - Thank God Ac not break down in July August or September - would of been Mid to high 90s:whistle:

Was gonna happen sometime......best it did before Snood retire tooooooo :LB

Snood looked at Burning Shed, Amazon, Importcds, Deep Discount etc and they could not beat the price.............so went with my neighbor buddy. :QQlove
5.1? or 7.1??

Wait isn't 2k hd? So you actually have UHD 4k! Now just hook your AC into one of those curved OLED screens like 4 eared wonder and watch the coolness in true 4k UHD! No compression or limiting!

Yea, just went thru the same thing. Lost my compressor a month ago on 20 yr old system. Finally home long enough to get it fixed/replaced. I have a heat pump though, all roof mounted. 7k later..... finally cool in my house.

Yea, just went thru the same thing. Lost my compressor a month ago on 20 yr old system. Finally home long enough to get it fixed/replaced. I have a heat pump though, all roof mounted. 7k later..... finally cool in my house.

Good to see you posting....I guess you fooled the software...you've been a member almost 5 years but the software doesn't realize that:unsure:...in any event..stick around(y)

Need 4 ton like Snood. I got a 3.5 ton and when I replaced it 10 years ago they said wiring too small for 4 ton. o_O
My heat pump blew a big capacitor last year....oil all over the place! Cost me about $55 to replace. Now when it's real hot the compressor runs as it should, but the big cooling fan stops. Had the AC guy puzzled so I'll let it eat until it quits.

Need 4 ton like Snood. I got a 3.5 ton and when I replaced it 10 years ago they said wiring too small for 4 ton. o_O
My heat pump blew a big capacitor last year....oil all over the place! Cost me about $55 to replace. Now when it's real hot the compressor runs as it should, but the big cooling fan stops. Had the AC guy puzzled so I'll let it eat until it quits.

You mean the outside fan or the inside blower fan? Buddy across the street is an AC guru - Snood can run it by him sometime this week. Let me know the particulars in a Personal Message PM on forums here.

Back