Sony SQD 2010

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Possibly (depending on target country of sale) by the socket that may be under the bump-out cover plate on the rear of the unit, located below the output jacks and phase inverter switch.

I haven't found any manuals for the SQD-2010, but there is a service manual for the SQD-2020 on hifiengine.com In that manual it makes mention of this for units suffixed with "AEP" (international units), North American units may not even have this feature present under the cover plate. This is mentioned or shown on pages: 1, 2, 31 and 39, but I didn't notice details about actually changing the input voltage. If your unit is voltage selectable there should be labeling or embossed characters to help identify which sockets to use for which voltage. There is actually an SQD-2010 international version for sale on Ebay right now, apparently missing the jumper block for this socket, so the seller is selling as parts only because it won't power up (no jumper block to close the input voltage circuit). Here are picture of the rear of that unit:

Sony SQD-2010 'AEP' version with selectable input voltage left.jpg Sony SQD-2010 'AEP' version with selectable input voltage right.jpg

I own an SQD-2010, North American model, but never took the cover off to confirm if that was what is underneath. Interestingly, the international model may be the only one with a clear plastic cover plate, presumably so someone could look at it and determine the voltage setting at a glance. Mine has an opaque black cover of a slightly different shape.

I have two SQD 2020s. One is in the attic and hard to get to and the other is in service and I would need to remove it from a bilt-in cabinet...Not going to happen. I, also, have the op manual and service manual. Both don't tell you much on voltage changes.

I do suspect that there is a kind of bridge that is needed (missing) on the one on ebay.

Back