Stan Lee Dead at 95

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sorry to hear this but reaching 95 is not a common milestone. My son and I got a kick from his cameos in the Marvel films. Hopefully he filmed one for Infinity War part 2
Yes RIP Stan Lee.

So sorry to hear this but reaching 95 is not a common milestone. My son and I got a kick from his cameos in the Marvel films. Hopefully he filmed one for Infinity War part 2
Yes RIP Stan Lee.

If someone told me right now I could live to 95...that would be better than winning the lottery IMO....that's a FULL life and then some...for people in that situation I don't feel sorrow...I'd just celebrate their life(y)

When I was a little kid, it was DC comics that ruled the world, and Marvel was a second tier. That didn't mean they were bad, they just did not have the same standing in the real world. I stopped reading comics when they were 12 cents an issue. It seems there were these things called "girls" that I had been ignoring but suddenly seemed to be of some value! :) (j/k, let's not get PC riled up, I was 12!)

Anyway, the coolest thing that happened was that the Marvel Universe virtually took over the film industry, and each and every one of those films (well, maybe with the exception of Hulk and Fantastic Four(s)) was a major hit and begat even bigger hits. It's very cool that Stan lived to see all of this success.

95 is a good run, as long as everything is still working. RIP Stan. Good job.

I was into Marvel even before they introduced their super-heroes -- never cared for DC comics. After the super-heroes came along, Spider-man, Fantastic Four, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Dr. Strange, and Thor were at the top of my monthly comic book reading list.

The first Spider-man artist, Steve Ditko, died recently (age 90), and of course Jack Kirby (FF artist) passed decades ago. With Stan Lee's demise I guess that's the end of the true Marvel comics creators. Excelsior, Stan.

Last edited:
I never read any of the Marvel comics and haven't seen any of the flicks. Being from a cultured background (tongue in cheek...), we only read the Classics Illustrated series.....along with The Man from UNCLE, Dr. Graves Ghost Hunter, Ghostly Tales, Boris Karloff's Thriller.

When I was a little kid, it was DC comics that ruled the world, and Marvel was a second tier. That didn't mean they were bad, they just did not have the same standing in the real world. I stopped reading comics when they were 12 cents an issue. It seems there were these things called "girls" that I had been ignoring but suddenly seemed to be of some value! :) (j/k, let's not get PC riled up, I was 12!)

Anyway, the coolest thing that happened was that the Marvel Universe virtually took over the film industry, and each and every one of those films (well, maybe with the exception of Hulk and Fantastic Four(s)) was a major hit and begat even bigger hits. It's very cool that Stan lived to see all of this success.

95 is a good run, as long as everything is still working. RIP Stan. Good job.

ahh, so Dr Jon, lik me Dr Lee. I had my gyn practice at 11. all the girls in the block and the next street over I examined thorouly with popsicle sticks, and a flashlight. Of course all exams were free. My office was in the back yard shed, and in the garage down the street. I did house calls then too. And when my cousin had her girlfriends stay over I would too, and have 24 hr exams. Funny thing, I never did out grow that stage.:devilish:

I never read any of the Marvel comics and haven't seen any of the flicks. Being from a cultured background (tongue in cheek...), we only read the Classics Illustrated series.....along with The Man from UNCLE, Dr. Graves Ghost Hunter, Ghostly Tales, Boris Karloff's Thriller.

Oh, sure. I had a stack of the Classics Illustrated comics. Completely forgot about those Karloff's Thriller Gold Key comics, but I had a couple of those, too.

Back in the 60's I operated a newsstand for about 6 years. I sold all the comics mentioned here. All the kids would run into the store after school every Tuesday and Thursday which was delivery day. They loved looking at all the new arrivals. I was like a comic book god because I carried everything, a very large selection.

Back in the 60's I operated a newsstand for about 6 years. I sold all the comics mentioned here. All the kids would run into the store after school every Tuesday and Thursday which was delivery day. They loved looking at all the new arrivals. I was like a comic book god because I carried everything, a very large selection.

Imagine if you had bought just one copy of each issue and kept them until now!

Back