Steven Wilson: "Home Invasion - In concert at the Royal Albert Hall"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This concert film will be released in both 2CD/Blu-Ray and 2CD/DVD formats. Release date is October 26th
Tracklisting is as follows (for both the Blu-Ray and DVD)

• 1. Intro "Truth"
  • 2. Nowhere Now
  • 3. Pariah
  • 4. Home Invasion / Regret #9
  • 5. The Creator Has A Mastertape
  • 6. Refuge
  • 7. People Who Eat Darkness
  • 8. Ancestral
  • 9. Arriving Somewhere But Not Here
  • 10. Permanating
  • 11. Song Of I
  • 12. Lazarus
  • 13. Detonation
  • 14. The Same Asylum As Before
  • 15. Song Of Unborn
  • 16. Vermillioncore
  • 17. Sleep Together
  • 18. Even Less
  • 19. Blank Tapes
  • 20. The Sound Of Muzak
  • 21. The Raven That Refused To Sing
  • 22. Routine (Rehearsal)
  • 23. Hand Cannot Erase (Rehearsal)
  • 24. Heartattack In A Layby (Rehearsal)
  • 25. Interview
The CDs contain the same track listing as the main concert (so no 'rehearsal' tracks on the CDs)

Information found here: https://www.bengans.com/cgi-bin/ibu...24&visa=1-400&Sort=Osorterat&Visn=Sokresultat

https://cdon.se/musik/wilson-steven...ert-hall-limited-edition-blu-ray-2cd-45297910

the raven, huh?? nice..let's hope it's 96/24 MCH.. with all of these 48/24 releases in BD I am getting a bit cautious... (yeah yeah bring on those "blind test tests" I STILL like 96 over 48.. and you know what .. all of these 96 ones are actually EDUCATING our ears....)

Wilson solo has yet to resonate with me, yes I know it is my own shortcoming, but what track is that riff from? Seems it may be a decent place to try again.

Wilson solo has yet to resonate with me, yes I know it is my own shortcoming, but what track is that riff from? Seems it may be a decent place to try again.

I guess you mean this:

It's a song called "Vermillioncore" from his "4 1/2" mini-album in 2016, and the riff is very reminiscent of his songs with Porcupine Tree.

:)

I’m with you on this. I don’t mind his first couple of solo albums but yet to really find something that grabs me in his last couple, although not had too many plays as yet. Best thing about this new concert release for me is the few Porcupine Tree songs included. Looking forward to hearing some during his Melbourne concert in October.

I wonder why they feature the best song (Pariah), off of To The Bone, at the beginning of the set list. Is this the order they were performed at? Anyway, a few duds on here that I normally skip when listening to the original (studio) album version. Maybe, I’ll like them better performed live, but I doubt it.

I’m with you on this. I don’t mind his first couple of solo albums but yet to really find something that grabs me in his last couple, although not had too many plays as yet. Best thing about this new concert release for me is the few Porcupine Tree songs included. Looking forward to hearing some during his Melbourne concert in October.
HCE and To The Bone are great albums, I lile them both. These are different from the earlier 3 albums but thats alright to me. I like the change 😀 Together with the 4.5 mini album they make a great set.

I wonder why they feature the best song (Pariah), off of To The Bone, at the beginning of the set list. Is this the order they were performed at? Anyway, a few duds on here that I normally skip when listening to the original (studio) album version. Maybe, I’ll like them better performed live, but I doubt it.

Check out the set list website: Here’s the set list for his first RAH show, Pariah was the 2nd song:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/steven-wilson/2018/royal-albert-hall-london-england-63ef02af.html

Stats on the tour:
https://www.setlist.fm/stats/albums/steven-wilson-7bd6b21c.html?tour=2bd6d812

His latest show is spectacular! (But I like all his solo stuff) I think you'll really enjoy it :)

Too bad his appearance with Richard Barbieri didn't get added in the bonus rehearsal etc footage.

Indeed, I really miss the sound that Barbieri brought to the table in Steven Wilson's music. Part of the magic is missing without it. There is at least some relatively decent audience footage of this appearance:

Back