Steven Wilson Steven Wilson: Interested in remixing Brand X?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

konoyaro

QQ Supporter
I wonder if Mr. Wilson has any interest in remixing this somewhat overlooked band. Although they are probably more jazz fusion than prog, some of Phil Collins most interesting drumming comes from this band (IMHO of course) and an album like Moroccan Roll has the density and complexity that calls out for a surround mix.
This band has had a contentious relationship with their former management company Hit n Run so that may be the obstacle but still I wonder if it's been considered by Mr. Wilson....

If Steven gets a commission to remix Brand X albums and he wants to do it, it will happen.
That's the way the process works.

There is a fabulous Brand X quad title i gave Bob and he converted it a while back. It was done in around 1980 and printed in very small numbers for an audiophile-quad crowd, it was a spectacular disc. Maybe we can get it back up for re circulation.

There is a fabulous Brand X quad title i gave Bob and he converted it a while back. It was done in around 1980 and printed in very small numbers for an audiophile-quad crowd, it was a spectacular disc. Maybe we can get it back up for re circulation.

Yes, I have that disc.BRAND X-SQUARED on the Mirror Image label.

Just a little follow up to this thread.

I believe this is the disc in question.

BRAND X-SQUARED encoded in SpaceEx (1982)

20160620_200812.jpg20160620_200809.jpg20160620_200845.jpg

The label states 1982 as the year of release. Would that make the album the last to be mixed and released in Quad?

The label states 1982 as the year of release. Would that make the album the last to be mixed and released in Quad?

"Released" in quotes because this was a small one-off recording that is not a band / label sanctioned album so difficult to term an official release.

Mirror Image Pressings label also released one or two more after this one.The second disc was by a flautist named Paige Brook.The title escapes me though.

Back