Steven Wilson Steven Wilson Interviews

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably true, but I'm just astounded that a major label is even asking about it.

I could think of a thousand albums controlled by SONY and ALL its associated labels that would be great candidates for the surround treatment.

Want me to name them?:ugham:

I could think of a thousand albums controlled by SONY and ALL its associated labels that would be great candidates for the surround treatment.

Want me to name them?:ugham:

The request must have come at the behest of the artist or management I would presume.

You dont think anyone at the LABEL cares, do you?

So cool to see how passionate he is about this. But for me there was one red flag in this interview:

I'd like to think that could be disproven, especially after what a kick-ass job Elliot did on GnR's Appetite For Destruction.

:)
Maybe what he really means is that in the manner in which he likes to mix that it wouldn't work. Not to say someone else couldn't make a go at it....

This is a fresh one (and looong one too), around The Future Bites and guitars mostly, no surround or mixing.
However, it mentions two new records on the horizon:
I’m working on two albums. One of them, which will be out if not by the end of this year, then certainly early next year – which is a guitar record! – funnily enough, that’s not a solo record. That’s going to be a collaboration, but I can’t say who with at the moment. It’s much more of a guitar record. And then the following year, I wanna put out a proper follow up to The Future Bites, which I think will be the next logical step on, from Future Bites. Again, quite electronic, perhaps a bit more dour, a bit downbeat this time, a bit more melancholic than Future Bites was, but it’s early days so I can’t say that for sure. So yeah, trying to keep up the output in the absence of being able to tour.
https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/news/141351

Back