Steven Wilson working on 5.1 mixes of Tangerine Dream's "Phaedra" and "Ricochet"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alpha Centauri, Zeit and Atem were released also in SQ by Ohr Germany and PDU Italy.
AFAIK none of the Virgin albums had a quad release.
Hum I picked up all three many years to get the sq on my Tate. Maybe I killed that brain cell but did we discuss back when that is was German and Italian pressings with the sq encoding? Have to take a look tonight and see what I bought back then. Thanks for the new imprint on a brain cell!

If you read online discussions about them, it's controversial as to whether the 'quadraphonic' label on those Ohr LPs actually means what we expect it to mean.

But certainly, on my system those first three albums (on CD at least) all do some interesting stuff when played using Dolby PL II.

Steven Wilson has now confirmed that he has worked on some kind of release for Tangerine Dream!
Read below from Super Deluxe Edition:

SDE: Talking of your remix work, since you are now very busy with your own albums and touring does this mean you’ll be more selective going forward?
SW:
I’m turning down more than I would have done, maybe two or three years ago. I just haven’t got the time. But do you know what? If the right project comes along, I’ll make the time. I’ve just finished work a few months ago on a massive box set for Tangerine Dream and they’re one of my favourite bands of all time, so that was a real labour of love. And as I’ve always said, kind of half-jokingly – and I know it’s never going to happen – but if Kate Bush rang me up tomorrow [laughs]… I’ve spoken at length to Stephen Tayler, her engineer, and he’s said in no uncertain terms that she’s not interested and that’s fair enough. But I’m using her as an example, but if the Princeestate rang me up, or the Bowie estate…or the Zappa estate – of course I would make the time.

:)

Steven Wilson has now confirmed that he has worked on some kind of release for Tangerine Dream!
Read below from Super Deluxe Edition:

:)

Wow...things like that drive me crazy...why in the world would an artist turn down a request from Steven Wilson...geeze….I would imagine it's because they have no idea how good their music would sound if SW performed his magic...I think some of them just think surround is some gimmick laden mode that would denigrate their work...when the opposite would happen...the other part of "drive me crazy" is the thought of what could be done with some of these artists like Bowie and Prince...or others that he hasn't mentioned...oh boy...if only that lottery hadn't slipped away from me..oh well...there is still Publisher's Clearinghouse:rolleyes:

Back