Stuff that sounds amazing with the Surround Master

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Beerking, I just refuse to get a CCR "best of" as 5 of their 7 albums were perfect and in fact best of's.

eg
Self titled CCR
  1. "Call It Pretending" – 2:10
    • Track 1 was originally released, with Porterville, as the B-side of the final Golliwogs single, later rereleased under the CCR name
  2. "I Put a Spell on You" – 4:32
  3. "The Working Man" – 3:05
  4. "Susie Q" – 8:39
  5. "Ninety-Nine and a Half (Won't Do)" – 3:40
  6. "Get Down Woman" – 3:09
  7. "Porterville" – 2:23
  8. "Gloomy" – 3:50
  9. "Walk on the Water" – 4:40

BAYOU COUNTRY
  1. "Born on the Bayou" – 5:15
  2. "Bootleg" – 3:02
  3. "Graveyard Train" – 8:38
  4. "Good Golly Miss Molly" – 2:43
  5. "Penthouse Pauper" – 3:40
  6. "Proud Mary" – 3:09
  7. "Keep on Chooglin'" – 7:39

GREEN RIVER
  1. "Green River" – 2:36
  2. "Commotion" – 2:45
  3. "Tombstone Shadow" – 3:40
  4. "Wrote a Song for Everyone" – 4:59
  5. "Bad Moon Rising" – 2:23
  6. "Lodi" – 3:12
  7. "Cross-Tie Walker" – 3:20
  8. "Sinister Purpose" – 3:22
  9. "The Night Time Is the Right Time" – 3:10

WILLY AND THE POOR BOYS
  1. "Down on the Corner" – 2:47
  2. "It Came Out of the Sky" – 2:56
  3. "Cotton Fields" – 2:54
  4. "Poorboy Shuffle" – 2:27
  5. "Feelin' Blue" – 5:06
  6. "Fortunate Son" – 2:21
  7. "Don't Look Now (It Ain't You or Me)" – 2:12
  8. "The Midnight Special" – 4:14
  9. "Side of the Road" – 3:26
  10. "Effigy" – 6:28

COSMO'S FACTORY
  1. "Ramble Tamble" – 7:12
  2. "Before You Accuse Me" – 3:27
  3. "Travelin' Band" – 2:09
  4. "Ooby Dooby" – 2:07
  5. "Lookin' Out My Back Door" – 2:34
  6. "Run Through the Jungle" – 3:07
  7. "Up Around the Bend" – 2:42
  8. "My Baby Left Me" – 2:19
  9. "Who'll Stop the Rain" – 2:30
  10. "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" – 11:08
  11. "Long as I Can See the Light" – 3:35

PENDULUM
  1. "Pagan Baby" – 6:27
  2. "Sailor's Lament" – 3:50
  3. "Chameleon" – 3:17
  4. "Have You Ever Seen the Rain?" – 2:40
  5. "(Wish I Could) Hideaway" – 3:47
  6. "Born to Move" – 5:41
  7. "Hey Tonight" – 2:44
  8. "It's Just a Thought" – 3:51

• "Molina" – 2:43

• "Rude Awakening #2" – 6:23
    • Tracks 1 and 2 are from Pendulum

MARDI GRAS
  • "Lookin' for a Reason" – 3:28
  • "Take It Like a Friend" – 3:02
  • "Need Someone to Hold" – 3:02
  • "Tearin' Up the Country" – 2:16
  • "Someday Never Comes" – 4:04
  • "What Are You Gonna Do" – 2:56
  • "Sail Away" – 2:33
  • "Hello Mary Lou" – 2:18
  • "Door to Door" – 2:11
  • "Sweet Hitch-Hiker" – 3:00

OK Mardi Gras was a bit of a dud but still had some kick arse tracks and some surprises like Need someone to hold - sung by Doug Clifford and tearin up the country again by Doug

Oh, Rude awaking number 2 on Pendulum was ashocker and the biggest mistake CCR ever did- oh well
That reminds me. I must dig out my Absolute Originals SACDs and try them.

Rolling Stones
Sticky Fingers CD

The separation on this is truly amazing.

Bought this recently as couldn't find my original CD.....It's a worry when things start to go missing!! o_O

Pups highlighted this and he is 100% on the money.

If I didn't know better, I believe I am listening to a brilliant, original, surround mix.

And it ain't aged one bit!!!!!

Unlike Me :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It's an SM2 Stones evening here in deepest South Oxfordshire.

It's Only Rock n Roll

Wunderbar!!!

One of my favourite Stones' albums.

I know the SM2 was built for Chucky's beloved CCR

But the Stones must be up there..

The guitar licks from the rears are to die for.

The Mick Taylor era '69 to' 74 has to be when the band were at their peak...imo

You just wait for Fingerprint File!!

Last edited:
It's an SM2 Stones evening here in deepest South Oxfordshire.

It's Only Rock n Roll

Wunderbar!!!

One of my favourite Stones' albums.

I know the SM2 was built for Chucky's beloved CCR

But the Stones must be up there..

The guitar licks from the rears are to die for.

The Mick Taylor era '69 to' 74 has to be when the band were at their peak...imo

You just wait for Fingerprint File!!
Hey , I like the stones to! Their big influence was Howlin Wolf who was also Fogerty's biggest influence:

Hey , I like the stones to! Their big influence was Howlin Wolf who was also Fogerty's biggest influence:

Wonderful video Chucky, Chester was very influential. I could swear the slide guitar on The Red Rooster was Hurbert Sumlin; but I believe it's James Burton. And the keyboard player I believe is a young Billy Preston.

Maybe I need to start a new thread " stuff that might sound great on the SM"

Well you guys might know I am an old swamp rocker (plus blues, rock a billy and roots), yep I am a simple fellow. My number 1 favorite group of all time is CCR and to me for 50 years the holly grail has been the elusive live CCR at Woodstock. Well its been tracked down as a good quality recording and just released!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am now the proud owner of this CD and with it comes the keys to the universe and ultimate power and knowledge. CCR was the first group to sign for Woodstock but the drugged out hippy organizers really stuffed it up. They were scheduled to come on at 9.30 pm but the Grateful Dead came on and stuffed around in a dis-coordinated jumble until 2.30 at night, so CCR had to come on when the audience was sleeping. Fogerty and band did a good performance but Fogerty was so pissed off that he did not want to release it to the movie. Only recently his son convinced him it was actually a good performance and it should be released to the public:

https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...ce-clearwater-revival-woodstock-grateful-dead

Some time tomorrow, I am going to put it on my SM V1 (I have not got a V2 yet!) and give this a run on my 4 Nakamichi Dragon electrostatics................YEE HOO!!!

View attachment 42587

I AM SO EXCITED, OFF TO THE SWAMP FOR ME

Sorry to say the actual recording was a shocker, its as if the recording engineer was a half asleep drugged out hippy that did not know what he was doing. The left / right level is also mess up with dropouts and some how the audience noise (those that were awake at 3.30 am at night) hardly decoded to the rear. I really do not know how they made a recording so flat!

So here is what I gunna do. I will down a bottle of booze to drown my regrets and convert it to an mp3 file to play in my car. My Naka dragon electrostatic absolutely murders any imperfections in a recording- makes them un-listenable .

Humph......damn hippy's

Sorry to say the actual recording was a shocker, its as if the recording engineer was a half asleep drugged out hippy that did not know what he was doing. The left / right level is also mess up with dropouts and some how the audience noise (those that were awake at 3.30 am at night) hardly decoded to the rear. I really do not know how they made a recording so flat!

So here is what I gunna do. I will down a bottle of booze to drown my regrets and convert it to an mp3 file to play in my car. My Naka dragon electrostatic absolutely murders any imperfections in a recording- makes them un-listenable .

Humph......damn hippy's

Is it like anything you can improve editing on the PC?
Funny image: you sitting in your car in the driveway, with a bottle of booze, blasting away CCR.

Dear All

I was asked about my musical preferences and below is a list of those I really love. While I am basically an old rock and roll, roots, swamp, rockabilly type I am diverse. Some of my list is Australia and worth checking out. Unfortunately most of the music I like is not spectacular in surround (Ironical really).

1 CCR
2 Howlin Wolf
3 Sheryl Crow (Just love this girl and if anyone objects I will get quite nasty and irrational. My favorite female)
4 Floyd (who would have thunk)
5 Brian Setzer/ Stray cats...........rockabilly!
6 Erin Moran - A girl called Eddy (best unknown flop ever- so underrated)
7 Beatles
8 Stones
9 Daddy Cool (Aussie group - best 50's rock and roll throw backs ever)
9 Midnight Oil (Aussie Group- look for the "Goat Island" live concert)
10 Cold Chisel (Aussie group)
11 Muddy Water
12 Elvis
13 Peter Gabriel
14 Joe Cocker (really you got to listen to "I can stand a little rain" great album)
15 Kate Bush
16 The Seekers (Judith Durham is incredible)
17 Johnny Cash
18 Glen Campbell
17 Wendy Matthews (Canadian / Autralian - check Emigre)
18 Slade
19 Rick Wakeman
20 Red Hot Chilli Peppers
21 Blondie (Just love her)
22 Pat Benatar
23 Paul Kelly (The Australia Bob Dylan)
24 Nancy Sinatra
25 John Lee Hooker
26 George Thorogood
27 Jerry Lee Lewis
28 Buddy Holly
29 Chuck Berry
30 Elton John
31 Elvis Costello
32 The Divinyls (really not one hit wonders, check them out)
33 Gary Moore.......just love it

Many Many others that i have forgot but those are high on my list. Cannot think of any current ones but there are some

Today in the car I was listening to Daddy Cool, they were big in Australia in the mid 70's here are the two front guys Ross Wilson and the late great Ross Hannaford (the tall guy) doing Come back again/ Eagle Rock in a rehearsal- sound check prior to a concert in 1988. Elton John wrote Crocodile Rock after hearing Eagle Rock in a tour mid 70's.

Really look these guys up in "Daddy Cool"

33 artists! Couldn't you pick 1 more you like only 1/3 as much as the others? Get it? 33 1/3....o_O

Seriously it can be a challenge to make a list of top 10 favorite artists, books, movies what ever. Taste changes over the years & sometimes you just forget to include one. Your list of being more inclusive is better & very interesting to read. Some names are unfamiliar I will google them. Surprised ar seeing Nacy Sinatra & Davinyls, The former I liked in the early 60's the latter is still hot sexy music today.

What?! No Beach Boys? Maybe they could be the 1/3.

33 artists! Couldn't you pick 1 more you like only 1/3 as much as the others? Get it? 33 1/3....o_O

Seriously it can be a challenge to make a list of top 10 favorite artists, books, movies what ever. Taste changes over the years & sometimes you just forget to include one. Your list of being more inclusive is better & very interesting to read. Some names are unfamiliar I will google them. Surprised ar seeing Nacy Sinatra & Davinyls, The former I liked in the early 60's the latter is still hot sexy music today.

What?! No Beach Boys? Maybe they could be the 1/3.
I like them to!!

Dear All

I was asked about my musical preferences and below is a list of those I really love. While I am basically an old rock and roll, roots, swamp, rockabilly type I am diverse. Some of my list is Australia and worth checking out. Unfortunately most of the music I like is not spectacular in surround (Ironical really).

1 CCR
2 Howlin Wolf
3 Sheryl Crow (Just love this girl and if anyone objects I will get quite nasty and irrational. My favorite female)
7 Beatles
8 Stones
11 Muddy Water
12 Elvis
13 Peter Gabriel
14 Joe Cocker (really you got to listen to "I can stand a little rain" great album)
15 Kate Bush
17 Johnny Cash
18 Glen Campbell
18 Slade
19 Rick Wakeman
22 Pat Benatar
24 Nancy Sinatra
25 John Lee Hooker
26 George Thorogood
27 Jerry Lee Lewis
28 Buddy Holly
29 Chuck Berry
30 Elton John
31 Elvis Costello

Many Many others that i have forgot but those are high on my list. Cannot think of any current ones but there are some

Today in the car I was listening to Daddy Cool, they were big in Australia in the mid 70's here are the two front guys Ross Wilson and the late great Ross Hannaford (the tall guy) doing Come back again/ Eagle Rock in a rehearsal- sound check prior to a concert in 1988. Elton John wrote Crocodile Rock after hearing Eagle Rock in a tour mid 70's.

Erin Moran? Joannie from Happy Days??

Daddy Who? Daddy Cool!

I remember well this album being spun at parties in Nebraska back in '72.

R-2936773-1530584739-9662.jpeg.jpg

That looks cool, what kind of music is it?
We didn't really have a name for it in those days, I suppose roots rockabilly, we'd call it now.
It was a breath of fresh air among the more heavy stuff at the time.
A cleaner sound, sort of like Creedence among a bunch of Zep & Tull, etc.

Back around 74' I wasn't too far from Lincoln; I was near Omaha at S.A.C. headquarters.
I worked electronics service alongside many former air force guys of that era around here.

Dear All

1 CCR
2 Howlin Wolf
7 Beatles
8 Stones
11 Muddy Water
12 Elvis
13 Peter Gabriel
15 Kate Bush
17 Johnny Cash
18 Glen Campbell
18 Slade
19 Rick Wakeman
22 Pat Benatar
24 Nancy Sinatra
25 John Lee Hooker
26 George Thorogood
27 Jerry Lee Lewis
28 Buddy Holly
29 Chuck Berry
30 Elton John
31 Elvis Costello

I feel the same about pat benatar...she should be in rock n roll HOF....an excellent female singer!

Ps i enjoy most of ur list of performers...CCR rocks :)

Back