Stuff that sounds amazing with the Surround Master

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Daddy Who? Daddy Cool!

I remember well this album being spun at parties in Nebraska back in '72.

R-2936773-1530584739-9662.jpeg.jpg
That's them!!!!

That is one sexy voice Chucky (uh not you - Erin)
My voice is very sexy

But Erin's voice is like farting through silk. When she made that album she got a letter of congratulations from Burt Bacharach himself. Unfortunately it was never picked up. Every track is a gem. Probably one of the very best albums of the naughties. I hear she might release another one soon

My voice is very sexy

But Erin's voice is like farting through silk. When she made that album she got a letter of congratulations from Burt Bacharach himself. Unfortunately it was never picked up. Every track is a gem. Probably one of the very best albums of the naughties. I hear she might release another one soon
Soooo delicate!!!:LOL:

DW 2.jpg

How can I put this? There are times in the past when indulging in some Cannabis Sativa Mexicana I simply HAD to listen to certain music. The Dandy Warhols are sort of the opposite; give a listen & the desire to get elevated is hard to ignore. Pull the drapes, crank the AC, crank the audio.

Several years ago BananaSlug (where are you now?) turned me on to the Dandy Warhols with a couple of copy CD's. Thanks! This is catchy subversive rock, growling vocals almost buried in the mix that makes it sound even sneakier. I bought this disc a couple of years ago on National Record Store Day. Played it a few times & now with my new SM I need to digitize it as I think it will be in heavy rotation.

It's well known that DPL II can be adjusted for very close QS decoding. This can be proven with test signals. However musically it seems quite dull & congested compared to the Surround Master. Additionally using test signals I can definitely hear a time lag as DPL II adjusts to a rapidly changing direction. I have never heard anything like that with the SM. It is clean, pristine & fast. Most music I prefer to use some out of phase blending to liven up the soundfield but the DW's fit just right in Involve QS.

Pardon me, I gotta go pull the drapes.

Last edited:
Back