Styx - The Mission - coming to 5.1 surround Blu-Ray in July!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://styxworld.com/news/453111/styx-announces-two-new-album-releases-for-june-and

Here is official from Styx site announcing the 2 bluray releases.

I know Clint mentioned the Tommy Shaw-"Sing for the Day", I am really curious about this, did anyone watch it on AXS as we don't get that station in Canada.

Really interesting lineup of stuff to watch all things Styx on June 30th on AXS

And, on June 30, AXS TV presents a “Saturday STYX” lineup headlined by insightful conversations and classic performances. The day begins at 1pE, as TOMMY SHAW, JAMES “JY” YOUNG, and LAWRENCE GOWAN sit down with Dan Rather to discuss their legendary career, the creative process behind some of their most enduring songs, and what drives them to keep performing in “The Big Interview.” Next, STYX joins The Red Rocker for an epic hangout session backstage at The Venetian in Las Vegas in “Rock & Roll Road Trip With Sammy Hagar” at 2pE. Then, the band sails into Sin City for an unforgettable career-spanning set in “STYX: Live At The Orleans Arena Las Vegas” at 2:30pE; followed by TOMMY SHAW’s incredible performance with Cleveland’s renowned Contemporary Youth Orchestra in Sing For The Day! at 3:30pE. The block will re-air in its entirety immediately following at 5pE.

I scrolled thru the channel listing for AXS and scheduled a bunch of upcoming music related programs...it's quite a mix of programs..a lot of great music programs..but also wrestling from Japan:unsure:boxing...some movies...I wonder if G has that channel on Dish...it's channel 167...lots of concerts as well...

I scrolled thru the channel listing for AXS and scheduled a bunch of upcoming music related programs...it's quite a mix of programs..a lot of great music programs..but also wrestling from Japan:unsure:boxing...some movies...I wonder if G has that channel on Dish...it's channel 167...lots of concerts as well...

Who is G? :whistle:

Tommy Shaw has always been a vital part for Styx imo, even his 80s solo records are great with Ambition being one of my favourite AOR albums of all time.

Never heard this album. I am a big AOR fan - and your "recommendation" triggered me to find a copy on Ebay. Wow, this is a great album!

I think you have excellent taste in music! Thank you for your post! :)

5XbRdK7.jpg

:smokin

I did....I would say it's "pleasant". Not overly exciting....honestly. It's not that the 5.1 is poor, maybe just the overall vibe...sort of bores me. :)

I was just reading your mind before I posted...you reacted the same way when Styx played with them...I was actually going to post that too...it makes sense that Tommy's version affects you the same way...it's pretty much the same concert vibe..I personally liked it a lot(the Styx version)...I think the orchestra component makes it more enjoyable...

I sure hope I’m not going to regret pre-ordering this one. I haven’t liked anything after Paradise Theater and my absolute favorite album is Pieces Of Eight, followed by Grand Illusion. Plus, no Dennis DeYoung. I’d go listen to The Mission on Tidal, but I-kinda-wanna-be-surprised and crossing my fingers that the music will be great, even with the missing original band members. :cool:

I sure hope I’m not going to regret pre-ordering this one. I haven’t liked anything after Paradise Theater and my absolute favorite album is Pieces Of Eight, followed by Grand Illusion. Plus, no Dennis DeYoung. I’d go listen to The Mission on Tidal, but I-kinda-wanna-be-surprised and crossing my fingers that the music will be great, even with the missing original band members. :cool:

You won’t be disappointed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back