Future Dutton Vocalion & Dutton Epoch SACD Release Schedule

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
March 1st is rapidly approaching and I'm wondering whether Dutton~Vocalion will release any QUAD Rock/Pop goodies. That 'dastardly' post that Sony will no longer be licensing their music to third parties was a sobering reminder how these reissue companies are at the mercy of the major conglomerates.

Counting the days .......

Let me preface this by stating that I love what Dutton Vocalion is doing with their hires Quad SACD releases. I own 8 of them and can honestly say I enjoy them all.

When the new January 2019 batch hit, I was amazed that not a single title really appealed to my senses. I'm an old guy (62) but these titles seemed a bit to aged even for me. I've been closely following the polls regarding this batch and the overall response has been extremely low, if at all. I know that a number of my brothers and sisters here have purchased these titles and have posted positive comments, so why the nil level poll responses? Honestly, the only one I'll probably purchase is the Tomita Ravel.

Is this something Michael and DV will take note of? Again, I love and appreciate what they're doing, but I hope that the next batch contains material a bit more relevant to my tastes.
The Tomita was the one I was most interested in from the last big batch announcement as well. Not so much for the others.

But I believe D/V do surprisingly well when a popular rock, jazz or soul album is released - and it's likely we'll see more of them when the next batch is confirmed.

And you are right that poll numbers do tell us something about what the hottest titles are, and what are less hot.

We need to stay tuned - as I think it's any day now a new batch announced is imminent.

The Tomita was the one I was most interested in from the last big batch announcement as well. Not so much for the others.

But I believe D/V do surprisingly well when a popular rock, jazz or soul album is released - and it's likely we'll see more of them when the next batch is confirmed.

And you are right that poll numbers do tell us something about what the hottest titles are, and what are less hot.

We need to stay tuned - as I think it's any day now a new batch announced is imminent.

We probably won't be seeing any new D~V titles until April...if last years Rock/Pop April 2018 releases were any indication.

I go to Dutton site every day to see if something shows up....man...I'm getting itchy.

See the source image

Reactions: GOS
Damn, we're now in April....and it's still crickets. Hmmmm Hmmmmm. :(

I couldn't resist emailing Dutton yesterday. I asked them if they would be releasing more multi-channel SACD titles. Simon emailed me back and said, rest assured, they are working very hard.

So, of course, he's not going to tell me when....but somehow I just needed that reassurance that things are still moving. :LB

I couldn't resist emailing Dutton yesterday. I asked them if they would be releasing more multi-channel SACD titles. Simon emailed me back and said, rest assured, they are working very hard.

So, of course, he's not going to tell me when....but somehow I just needed that reassurance that things are still moving. :LB
I never feel anxious about DV releases, I somehow have faith; they’ve proven to me their passion for wanting titles released and putting the quality into them. I just think about all the effort and details from start to finish required to get these little jewels into our hands.

I’m more interested in ‘what’ as opposed to ‘when’.

the only way i can mentally reconcile myself to the anguish of waiting is by preparing for a certain type of batch.. and if it is that type of music i won't be disappointed.. and if it isn't that type of music i'll be over the moon! fuzzy logic maybe but still.. hopefully it won't be too much longer now either way! :SB

I'm not focused on either one - I've accepted that we're going to get what Michael Dutton wants to give us, and it will be a mix of things I've always wanted and things I have no interest in. Frankly, getting anything at all from the original master tapes is a gift. Running a record label is a passion project these days, not a road to riches, and that means releases will follow the passions of whoever is doing the reissues.

The key fact to me is that more is coming.

And, I took the opportunity to share my appreciation of the work they do.......no idea if Simon will pass along my words, but here is what I said:

"AWESOME! I always look forward to seeing your new releases, so exciting! Please keep up the great work, and pass along my appreciation to all."

the only way i can mentally reconcile myself to the anguish of waiting is by preparing for a certain type of batch.. and if it is that type of music i won't be disappointed.. and if it isn't that type of music i'll be over the moon! fuzzy logic maybe but still.. hopefully it won't be too much longer now either way! :SB
o_O - I'm spinnin' so fast with that one Freddie; like a wicky wacky woo with a hot 🔥 redhead:SB

I never feel anxious about DV releases, I somehow have faith; they’ve proven to me their passion for wanting titles released and putting the quality into them. I just think about all the effort and details from start to finish required to get these little jewels into our hands.

I like having faith but you never know when a small mom and pop operation might come to an end whether it be a business decision or for retirement or health concerns etc.

Glad to hear the immediate future remains bright!

I like having faith but you never know when a small mom and pop operation might come to an end whether it be a business decision or for retirement or health concerns etc.

Glad to hear the immediate future remains bright!
For sure, nothing lasts forever, we're so fortunate to get these titles out. Who else is doing this format upgrade other than Sony?

Back