Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched Blade Runner 2049 on blu ray a couple of days ago. It had a very dynamic soundtrack (the bass!!!!), the Atmos mix was wonderful, and a excellent soundtrack, Hans Zimmer contributing. I loved the film.

I read that the 4k version of the original have a great Atmos soundtrack too, so I've ordered that one, now I just need a 4k disc player :LB

Snood loved it toooooooooooo - No Atmos for Snood but still great mooooooooooooooovie and sound and.... yeah the bass!!! Who woulda think that fishies would rise up and fight like that!!! :rolleyes:

NO SPOILERS PLEASE!!!!

Anyway...last weekend I splurged and went for my Surround fix.. "Solo" on IMAX and 3D.. HUUUGE theater screen (about 60 to 70 ft TALL!!)and HUUUUGE SPEAKER ARRAYS...well worth the $24 paid...I liked the movie if only cause it's different from the latest ones .. it IS a MOVIE , not CONSTANT battle scenes and it was interesting enough to keep me awake at a 10:30 PM showing on a Saturday...

I just returned from Best Buy. I picked up ultra-HD of Annihilation and Pacific Rim Uprising. I’ve never seen the first Pacific Rim and had no intention of purchasing Uprising but saw the combo pack with 3D included. I’m all in for some, eye candy / brain dead movie, if it’s decent enough. 🍿🥤

The first Pacific Rim wasn't that bad...I think I have the 3D blu ray version....I went thru my 3D period until the novelty wore off..

The first Pacific Rim wasn't that bad...I think I have the 3D blu ray version....I went thru my 3D period until the novelty wore off..

The second Pacific Rim film got trashed. BTW Clinty, if you sprung for that 77" LG OLED 3D BIG BOY, I'm sure your honeymoon with 3D would miraculously return. I've been stocking up on 3D films from UK's Zavvi but unfortunately, am looking for a projector that actually does GREAT 3D. So far, none to be found.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Pacific-Rim-Uprising-3D-Blu-ray/169935/#Review

BTW, a GREAT deal on the [4 BD~V] Jurassic Park Collection: The original Jurassic Park and the Fourth [Jurassic World] are in luscious brilliant 3D: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Jurassic-Park-Collection-3D-Blu-ray/133837/

Last edited:
The second Pacific Rim film got trashed. BTW Clinty, if you sprung for that 77" LG OLED 3D BIG BOY, I'm sure your honeymoon with 3D would miraculously return./

No doubt. I’m using an LG 65” OLED and sit roughly 7 feet away from the screen. Coming from a 65” Samsung with active 3D, I found it to be good but wasn’t that excited about it. To me, passive 3D with the deepest blacks make all the difference via the LG set. :)

No doubt. I’m using an LG 65” OLED. Coming from a 65” Samsung with active 3D, I found it to be good but wasn’t that excited about it. To me, passive 3D with the deepest blacks make all the difference via the LG set. :)

Those LG OLED 3D sets are MIRACULOUS. Period. Can't believe no more 3D TVs......especially since after all these years LG OLED finally perfected the ultimate 3D experience at home to a "T!"

BTW, I watched the Jumanji remake the other night in 3D. The 3D was excellent but even with its all star cast I found it to be a so so experience. https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/jumanji-welcome-to-the-jungle-3d-includes-2d-version/11644196.html

I just finished watching the remake of Stephen King's IT. Freaky, Freaky. And it's only Part I [just covers the children's parts]. Enveloping surround design and watching it in the dark with everything swirling around the room was even freakier.

A very unsettling movie.

Back