Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rented "Proud Mary" on Bluray this week end, starring Taraji Henson. Typical of the recent craze of macha movies. However, it has a soul sound track remixed into surround. Songs I've never seen or heard in submissive.

From one Mutt to many...

An animated Masterpiece -

Any comments on the recently released Queen “Boheimian Rhapsody” 4K and its 7.1 sound?
Any and all comments would be greatly appreciated😀😀:hi

Bohemian Rhapsody 7.1 has some tasty moments.
I hope to hear it in Atmos soon though.

just heard (saw) it in Atmos

the last 20 mins (including credits) are some of the nicest surround (Atmos). Wembley sounds absolutely live, real, whatever you want to call it. You are THERE!

The Credits "Don't Stop Me Now" are some of the most discreet surround on blu-ray

the whole disc is superb.

Thank You Freddie.

Thank You producers for keeping Freddie's Flame alive!

Freddie was always my favorite singer and I remember the day he died, roomate read about it in the papers to me and I wept (and I'm a bloody American)

What are you waiting for, see this, hear this, be this in Atmos!

Last edited:
I'm, ALL ears, JP, so what did you LOVE about it?🐶 A 500 word essay, in Japanese🇯🇵, preferably!

Another Quirky masterwork from director Wes Anderson?

BTW, LOVED The Grand Budapest Hotel, thoroughly, unlike some of his other films.

Gets a little lost in translation (English to follow later!)
Sly outside box to be done a la Kobayashi Maru 🖖

👹🐶
朝の日差しが山から出てくる霧を通して輝くように。富士、私たちのヒーローは犬の地獄に飛んだ。彼の親しい仲間と保護者に対する彼の愛によって動かされた。彼は追放された追放された犬の島で土地を墜落させた。彼の飛行機の一部を頭蓋骨に埋め込んで、彼は偶然にも、走り回って自分だけに忠実であることを狙ったリーダーの兄弟たちのバンドによって救助されました。彼が呼ばれるようにチーフはローナンの感性を持つ、自己宣言型の苦いです。悪魔のような人食い猟犬たちが尻尾に熱いうちに、私たちの英雄たちは島からの脱出に向けて奮闘し、大虐殺の市長がすべての犬を駆除するための悪魔的計画を立てるのを防ぎました。

桜の木から切り取られた雪に覆われた山々は、水の鋭さがそれらを泥穴に浸したので、実際の山々自身よりも良い時の試練に耐えました。

桜の花は変化の風によって静かに流れ落ちて敏感な鼻に落ち着くので、わがままな猟犬を恐れないでください。

時間の稀さを考えてみてください。私たちの最も親友ではない人が重要なレッスンを教えるべきです。これらの勇敢で忠実な生き物の感情や決意を決して過小評価しないでください。 1本の犬の棒は別の人の投げられたゴムチューブです。

チーフの兄弟スポットの助けを借りて。私たちの英雄たちはボートを作り、本土に向かって航海し、そこで彼らは彼らの病気の治療法を発見します。私たちのヒーローは最終的には爆発的な歯で邪悪な市長を倒します。そして屈辱と自己反省の中で、市長は過去の過ちを正し、犬を許します。

あなたの御馳走と注意は手をなめることで報われることができます。

この映画の魔法よりも息をのむような唯一のものは、おそらく最も美しく才能のある村井香織による古典作品です。サラウンドサウンドSACDでもちろん!

👹🐶
朝の日差しが山から出てくる霧を通して輝くように。富士、私たちのヒーローは犬の地獄に飛んだ。彼の親しい仲間と保護者に対する彼の愛によって動かされた。彼は追放された追放された犬の島で土地を墜落させた。彼の飛行機の一部を頭蓋骨に埋め込んで、彼は偶然にも、走り回って自分だけに忠実であることを狙ったリーダーの兄弟たちのバンドによって救助されました。彼が呼ばれるようにチーフはローナンの感性を持つ、自己宣言型の苦いです。悪魔のような人食い猟犬たちが尻尾に熱いうちに、私たちの英雄たちは島からの脱出に向けて奮闘し、大虐殺の市長がすべての犬を駆除するための悪魔的計画を立てるのを防ぎました。

時間の稀さを考えてみてください。私たちの最も親友ではない人が重要なレッスンを教えるべきです。これらの勇敢で忠実な生き物の感情や決意を決して過小評価しないでください。 1本の犬の棒は別の人の投げられたゴムチューブです。

チーフの兄弟スポットの助けを借りて。私たちの英雄たちはボートを作り、本土に向かって航海し、そこで彼らは彼らの病気の治療法を発見します。私たちのヒーローは最終的には爆発的な歯で邪悪な市長を倒します。そして屈辱と自己反省の中で、市長は過去の過ちを正し、犬を許します。

JP, you didn't have to take me SO literally!

Wes Anderson's meditation on a World Gone to the Dogs. Ever see Mondo Cane?

See the source image

Last edited:
just heard (saw) it in Atmos

the last 20 mins (including credits) are some of the nicest surround (Atmos). Wembley sounds absolutely live, real, whatever you want to call it. You are THERE!

The Credits "Don't Stop Me Now" are some of the most discreet surround on blu-ray

the whole disc is superb.

Thank You Freddie.

Thank You producers for keeping Freddie's Flame alive!

Freddie was always my favorite singer and I remember the day he died, roomate read about it in the papers to me and I wept (and I'm a bloody American)

What are you waiting for, see this, hear this, be this in Atmos!

Sold! I'm so going to buy this..... :)

👹🐶

JP, you didn't have to take me SO literally!

Where's the fun in that:ROFLMAO:, besides the real fun is comparing what Google translate gives you when you compare my original English to its own Japanese back to English translation. Can you imagine if I had pitched this movie (from my English version even) to a film studio, I'd be locked up as insane🤪 - It is basically what happens in the film!

Here's the original:

As the morning sunlight sparkles through the mist coming off of Mt. Fuji, our hero has taken flight to a canine hell. Driven by his love for his close companion and protector; he crash lands on the infested island of banished dogs. Having a part of his plane buried into his skull, he most fortuitously is rescued by a band of brothers with a leader intent on running free and loyal to only himself. Chief as he is called, is a self-proclaimed biter, with a Ronan sensibility. With Rogue packs of cannibalistic hounds hot on their tails, our heroes struggle towards an escape off the island to help prevent a genocidal mayor from setting in motion a diabolical plan to exterminate all the dogs.

Snow covered mountains carved from the Cherry wood endured the test of time better than the actual mountains themselves as the sharpness of water eroded them to mud holes.

Do not fear for our wayward hounds as the cherry blossoms drift gently down by the winds of change to settle on their sensitive snoots.

Consider the rareness of time, which our lowly best friend of man should teach important lesson. Never underestimate the emotions and determination of these courageous and loyal creatures. One dog’s stick is another’s thrown rubber tubing.

With the help of Chief’s older brother Spots; our heroes build a boat and sail to the mainland, where they discover the cures of their ills. Our heroes ultimately take down the evil mayor with explosive teeth; and in humiliation and self-reflection, the mayor corrects his past error and pardons the dogs.

Your treats and attention can be rewarded by a lick to the hand.

The only thing more breathtaking than this movie magic, is perhaps a classical piece performed by the most beautiful and talented Kaori Muraji; in surround sound SACD of course!

Where's the fun in that:ROFLMAO:, besides the real fun is comparing what Google translate gives you when you compare my original English to its own Japanese back to English translation. Can you imagine if I had pitched this movie (from my English version even) to a film studio, I'd be locked up as insane🤪 - It is basically what happens in the film!

Here's the original:

As the morning sunlight sparkles through the mist coming off of Mt. Fuji, our hero has taken flight to a canine hell. Driven by his love for his close companion and protector; he crash lands on the infested island of banished dogs. Having a part of his plane buried into his skull, he most fortuitously is rescued by a band of brothers with a leader intent on running free and loyal to only himself. Chief as he is called, is a self-proclaimed biter, with a Ronan sensibility. With Rogue packs of cannibalistic hounds hot on their tails, our heroes struggle towards an escape off the island to help prevent a genocidal mayor from setting in motion a diabolical plan to exterminate all the dogs.

Snow covered mountains carved from the Cherry wood endured the test of time better than the actual mountains themselves as the sharpness of water eroded them to mud holes.

Do not fear for our wayward hounds as the cherry blossoms drift gently down by the winds of change to settle on their sensitive snoots.

Consider the rareness of time, which our lowly best friend of man should teach important lesson. Never underestimate the emotions and determination of these courageous and loyal creatures. One dog’s stick is another’s thrown rubber tubing.

With the help of Chief’s older brother Spots; our heroes build a boat and sail to the mainland, where they discover the cures of their ills. Our heroes ultimately take down the evil mayor with explosive teeth; and in humiliation and self-reflection, the mayor corrects his past error and pardons the dogs.

Your treats and attention can be rewarded by a lick to the hand.

The only thing more breathtaking than this movie magic, is perhaps a classical piece performed by the most beautiful and talented Kaori Muraji; in surround sound SACD of course!

"Your treats and attention can be rewarded by a lick to the hand."

Who needs a slobbering mutt licking my eucerin treated hands, JP? 🐱 Pussy Power!

BlackkKlansman (2018) 4K: Entertaining and interesting story. Some very discreet surround moments and fidelity was excellent. Suffered a little bit from music moments that were way louder than dialogue so I was up and down with the volume a bit but not a major. Haven't experienced that on a recent movie for years. Seemed to start in the 80's; nice normal dialogue, then blaring soundtrack. That'll wake up any dozers!

Year of the Dragon (1985) BD: Michael Cimino flick co-written with Oliver Stone. I'd never seen it before and enjoyed it. A few moments of surround activity - actually, a bit more than I was expecting. My Sony is Region B locked and this release plays on it https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Year-of-the-Dragon-Blu-ray/158933/ so it appears to be Region Free like a lot of Warner Archive releases (even though someone at Warner told me all their releases are Region A locked - none of mine are so not sure where he's getting his info).

For those of you with access to NETFLIX, A MUST~SEE! Amazing Cinematography, great music score with ample use of surrounds and the COEN BROTHERS at their BATSHIT BEST!

See the source image

Tom Waits as a craggy old prospector searching for GOLD!

Last edited:
Back