Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jurassic Park in 3D was AWESOME......one of the very best upconversions of 3D ..... Spielberg/Universal spent $11M on the 3D conversion. The last Jurassic Park Flick Fallen Kingdom] in upconverted 3D Sucked!

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Jurassic-World-Fallen-Kingdom-3D-Blu-ray/208227/#Review
I saw an article on why Jurrasic Park 1 is the best film of the franchise. Sometime about the camera angles or something. Not aspect ratio, but some kind of way they shot it that they abandoned for all sequels.
Good to know the 3D is awesome!

After owning two active 3D tv’s, I’d choose a 4K movie every time. Passive 3D is so much better.

I agree, Perp......My Panny Plasma had those 'rechargeable' 3D active glasses and the picture was SO dark as to be dismal. And those stupid [and frankly expensive] glasses after a while didn't hold the charge.

I want that SONY 98" OLED TV ........but @$70K they can RAM it UP THEIR BUTTS and it doesn't even do 3D which would've added only a few dollars to the actual mfg. costs.

Alita Battle Angel 3D
DTS HD Master 7.1
FB_IMG_1566529317939.jpg

HOT STUFF ...... how was Alita on the BIG SCREEN? How were the contrast levels and most especially the BLACK levels?

BTW, Warners is preparing The Wizard of Oz for a UHD4K release ...... with NO release date, as yet. I thought they did such a magnificent 3D upconversion of Wizard that unless they blow the 4K out for $10.....NO DEAL!

11015_tn.jpg

HOT STUFF ...... how was Alita on the BIG SCREEN? How were the contrast levels and most especially the BLACK levels?

BTW, Warners is preparing The Wizard of Oz for a UHD4K release ...... with NO release date, as yet. I thought they did such a magnificent 3D upconversion of Wizard that unless they blow the 4K out for $10.....NO DEAL!

11015_tn.jpg
I think I have the Wizard of Oz (WOO?) in 3D! That'd be a trip.
Alita was simply awesome. Mrs. B and I both agreed the picture was plenty satisfying for our tastes. Even the dark scenes.
Can't wait to enjoy some Peter Gabriel, "Guns n' Roses", Pat Metheny, Kraftwerk, Metallica and Lichtmond all in 3D again, plus more bitchin' movies.

I think I have the Wizard of Oz (WOO?) in 3D! That'd be a trip.
Alita was simply awesome. Mrs. B and I both agreed the picture was plenty satisfying for our tastes. Even the dark scenes.
Can't wait to enjoy some Peter Gabriel, "Guns n' Roses", Pat Metheny, Kraftwerk, Metallica and Lichtmond all in 3D again, plus more bitchin' movies.

I will order Alita today. If you do have Wizard in 3D ..... it's simply amazing. Wish current 3D upconversions looked as awesome.

blu~ray.com review of the Wizard of Oz in 3D [still cheap @ AmazonUS]:

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Wizard-of-Oz-3D-Blu-ray/72226/#Review
Mike, TITANIC in 3D is SPECTACULAR, as well:

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Titanic-3D-Blu-ray/7548/#Review

Last edited:
I have the Wizard of Oz 3D. After years of owning it, I managed to open and play it during the last holiday season. It’s just, ok. Not, great. In 4K, could be interesting...:unsure:

What? On my LG 3D OLED TV it was AMAZING for a 1939 Technicolor Flick! And the folks at blu~ray.com agree! No doubt the Native 4K should be stellar, as well.

No. I agree but it wasn’t like watching a good current 3D movie. Seeing the cut-out background sure doesn’t help.

Has the wicked witch of the West blunted your senses, Perp! It WAS shot on a soundstage in early technicolor [very rare for that period] and my only caveat is that the powers that be at MGM wanted to cut out Judy's OVER THE RAINBOW song as they felt it slowed down the film's momentum. Imagine that?

BTW, I 'suffered' through Blade Runner 2049 in 3D and then read that the film's cinematographer agreed it was bogus and recommended one watch the film in 2D!

And I avoided Jurassic World "Fallen Kingdom" in 3D as everyone said it was DISMALLY upconverted.

Has the wicked witch of the West blunted your senses, Perp! It WAS shot on a soundstage in early technicolor [very rare for that period] and my only caveat is that the powers that be at MGM wanted to cut out Judy's OVER THE RAINBOW song as they felt it slowed down the film's momentum. Imagine that?
You’re right! They should have went with the original decision to cut OTR and, instead, included it as a bonus track on the soundtrack. :ROFLMAO:

Hey?! If you love the Wiz in 3D...more power to ya! But, I’m in no hurry to see it again.

You’re right! They should have went with the original decision to cut OTR and, instead, included it as a bonus track on the soundtrack. :ROFLMAO:

Hey?! If you love the Wiz in 3D...more power to ya! But, I’m in no hurry to see it again.

CUT Over The Rainbow🌈 ..... Sacriligeous, Perp. If only modern tunesmiths could write songs as endearing as OTR......they'd be considered geniuses. BTW, I only watched Wizard in 3D once.....to satisfy my 'childhood curiousity!'

That was fun. Hadn't seen the film in ages.
I wonder why it displays in 4:3, when the specs say 16:9?

Probably a mistake. It was shot in 4:3 as they didn't start shooting CinemaScope movies until the early 50's. BTW, they did 'try' to convert Gone With The Wind which was also shot 4:3 into a wide screen format and were lambasted by both critics and moviegoers.

Glad you and Mrs. B enjoyed it. I thought the 3D was exceptionally well done.

Back