Suzanne Ciani "Quadraphonic Live" decoder board

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfloftin

I have the Suzanne Ciani "Quadraphonic Live" LP. It came with a decoder board. It is made by Involve Audio. I have played back the album and have really enjoyed the quad sound. I then went and played a Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" SQ encoded LP I bought years ago. To my surprise it seems to be playing back in quad. Is this little decoder board capable of playing back QS and SQ encoded LPs? If anyone knows I would appreciate it.

I have the Suzanne Ciani "Quadraphonic Live" LP. It came with a decoder board. It is made by Involve Audio. I have played back the album and have really enjoyed the quad sound. I then went and played a Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" SQ encoded LP I bought years ago. To my surprise it seems to be playing back in quad. Is this little decoder board capable of playing back QS and SQ encoded LPs? If anyone knows I would appreciate it.

Strictly, not both formats, no.

In response to this similar question:

Whats the difference functionality wise between the Surround Master V1 and the demo board included with this release?

Chucky explained in more detail :

The SM V1 decodes the center channel and you have an option of either 2 channel surround OR SQ decode. And you don't get the shitty plastic box. Sonically the 4 channel decode is identical....same circuitry. For around $200 its really is exceptional value....if any are available (we have 5 left ourselves).Regards Chucky

I'm sure the demo board will extract a decent surround sound from any two channel source but only the original Surround Master v1 unit with the optional SQ decode software can accurately decode SQ material (as will the much anticipated SM v2).

Back