Tales From The Sweet Spot - Successful Demos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fourplay

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
This thread is a place to tell your stories successful surround demos where the listener really seemed to connect with surround, probably for the first time. I suggest the following format, although not necessary:

Date:
Playlist:
Impressions:

I'll start:

Date: 9/28/19

Listener Demographic(s): Canadian Male, age 58 years old

Playlist:
Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon Immersion 4.0: Speak To Me > Breathe Reprise (isolate channels during Time)
Queen - A Night At The Opera: Bohemian Rhapsody (DVD-A - common version)
Talking Heads - Speaking In Tongues: Burning Down the House (Alternate Version from Brick)

Impressions:

My listener was blown away! The music was presented loudly but not excessively so. He was very attentive, not trying to converse through the experience, and said multiple times "I have never heard music like this before." He was very familiar with the material presented, which made it that much more fun for the revelatory nature of the experience. During the song "Time" I isolated the fronts only, and then rears only, and he loved the insight this provided into the production of the track.

This guy is a working surgeon, and it seems very possible that he will seek to set up a system of his own at home. It is not an overstatement to say he was stunned.

Experiences like this are one of my favorite parts of this hobby! A true "lifting of the veil!"

Back